Need help getting Taurus model 66 back together (pic)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I bought this Taurus model 66 a couple weeks ago. Haven't fired it yet. The trigger pull was high even in the single action position so I ordered Wolff springs. The gun did function as it was suppose to. Installed the springs without a problem. Did not remove any factory parts. Now the cylinder won't swing out and the trigger doesn't work. I installed the cover plate but still does not work. Here are pics showing the trigger almost to the single action position, hammer closed and hammer open with trigger in single action position. I pulled the trigger back and cock the hammer. It releases but the trigger won't return the the double action position. Does anyone see what I have wrong? Andy help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure I found the problem. The trigger spring isn't in the proper position. I've added a pic I took before installing the springs. Notice the spring is higher against the trigger.
    Target Sports

Attachments

• Taurus model 66.JPG
      Taurus model 66.JPG
      183.6 KB · Views: 31
    • Taurus model 66 (2).JPG
      Taurus model 66 (2).JPG
      136.8 KB · Views: 30
    • Taurus model 66 (3).JPG
      Taurus model 66 (3).JPG
      92.1 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Got the working now. The trigger spring was positioned the wrong place. However, as my luck goes the Wolff springs did not lesson the trigger pull either single or double action. I was concerned that all of his springs in the kit are longer than my two factory springs. He said that's correct. But I saw one video where you were suppose to shorten the springs. Anyway I still have right at 6lb single action and who knows how much double action but stiff even with his trigger and hammer springs in the gun. I know I have the correct springs, the lightest of the choices, in because I have the two shorter factory springs out of the gun and all five of his springs were longer having compared prior to installing.

Top Bottom