• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Av8tor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Palestine
    Hey guys I am in the market for a new pistol. I am looking for something around a 4" barrel with a quick reset trigger. So I have been looking at the Sig P229 SAS in .40 which is awesome but quite pricey, and a HK USP .40 Compact. Any other suggestions?
    Texas SOT

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Springfield Armory XD-40 4"

I have the V-10 version and love it (picked it up @ Cabela's used for under 4 bills). Wife has the XD-9SC and loves her "little brick".

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If you do get a Sig, just fyi, the SRT trigger on certain models has a ridiculously short reset (it is about 3-4mm). It is pretty fun for things like fast follow up shots, especially compared to a stock Sig trigger. In an H&K, see if you can find one with the LEM trigger. There's a ton of trigger variants for the USP's and P2000's, and some of the LEM models (it's a short reset DAO) have a pretty nice and short reset.

Glocks also have a fairly short reset compared to most guns, so that's worth a look too.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Walther PPS has a fairly short reset like Glocks. It's been a month or 2 since I've shot one, so I forget exactly.

{Insert any Commander size 1911 here for really short reset} ;) lol

Tx_Av8tor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Palestine
    Sig_fiend the hk that I am looking at does have the lem trigger (and shoots nicely). I have not shot the Sig yet but the qrt is what I am interested in the gun. Im hoping one of my local shops has one for sale so I can pick it up and drool on it. I found one place that has a used p229 cpo for 545 or i can get the new hk usp 40c for the same ammount.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's usually about $100 or so to have Sig install the SRT trigger in pretty much any of the P series guns (P220/225/226/228/229/245). IMO, and since I'm a fan of anything with a short reset, the SRT is a must have item in a Sig. I want one in my P220 badly. ;)

That's a pretty decent price on a CPO P229.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I had one installed on my P226 and it made all the difference in the world. It went from a gun I was thinking about selling to one that is in my range bag every week.

Put a 3 or 4" 1911 on your list too.

Top Bottom