Guns International

need help removing front site on AR-15 in Sugar Land or near .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgon281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    I don't have the right tool or else I would do it myself... I have not attempted to remove it . Once it is off I intend to add a gas block that will fit into the hand guard if possible as if to hide the gas block . Will it be possible to shorten the gas tube for this ? Any advise would be appreciated .
    Capitol Armory ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just tap the pins out with a punch and hammer. Then tap the sight off the front of the barrel. Tap different sides so it doesn't get in a bind. You may have to remove the flash hider also. 3/4 wrench, righty tighty, lefty loosey. The replacement should fit fine. The new gas block has to go in the same spot as the old one.

Check youtube for some instructions also. It is a pretty easy project.

jgon281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    thanks a bunch ... I know it is not very difficult but I was told that if the punch I was using did not have a ( for lack of the correct term ) concave surface then it would damage the pins . I want to reuse the same pin if possible . I know they can't cost much but if I can save myself a trip to Sog armory I will . The lord knows how i like that store as something else always catches my eye and $ starts flowing out of pocket .

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just make sure the pin holes are lined up correctly before you put the pins in. The parts may twist when you start tapping the pins. That is usually the only time you will mess up the pins if you are careful.

jgon281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    ooppps! I forget the front site is not going back on anyway but still don't want to damage pins if i can help it . Going for the free float action and a meaner look .

jgon281

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    thanks for all the info guys ... I had a wild hair and just took a porta-ban to the site and finished it off with a tiger disc . no fuss no fight

Top Bottom