• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I have been reloading rifle rounds for quite a while but would like to start reloading for my pistols. Specifically .40, and with that I am looking at picking this up: 1000 40 S&W OF Processed Brass & 1000 X-Treme 10/40 180gr RNFP Copper Plated Bullets but I cannot find any reloading data for the X-treme bullets. Any help in finding data for these will be of great help. Or even data that will work well and safe with the extreme bullets. Now I know to take special with the .40 to avoid overpressure and these will be for plinking. And if it matters the reloads will be shot out of an XD4" and a XD Subcompact.

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    I reload plated bullets using the same charge as lead bullets. Not sure how "processed" the brass is but i run my brass through a Redding GRX sizer to resize the Glock bulge. Good luck!

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    TJ's brass is usually roll sized, primers removed, and checked for splits.

I've bought plenty of brass from them over the years. Good stuff, likely to be from an indoor police dept range.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

10mm and 45

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    San Antonio
    According to their site the brass is not sized so I'd recommend adding the Redding GRX sizer die to your reloading bench. I use it for my 10mm too.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I've been shooting berry's in 9mm and happy so far, good prices too. That brass price seems a bit high, trying looking elsewhere for once fired brass in bulk for a better value.

Edit - Most plated bullets load data uses (Berry's specifically) hard cast lead or start with mid-range jacketed data.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just look up a load for the bullet grain weight.

Start with the lowest charge for a lead bullet.

Don't be fooled by hyper charged bullet names: They are either going to be lead, jacketed, or plated.

Whether they are FMJ or Hollow Point makes no difference.

Just start with the lowest powder charge for the bullet weight and work your way up.

Don't shoot soft lead bullets in a Glock barrel.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Pay attention to the posts that tell you to load PLATED bullets like plain lead.

The very best powder for jacketed .40 S&W is Longshot, but it pushes some pretty good velocity. I warned my neighbor when he bought plated bullets, but he didn't listen. He came back from the range and pulled the bullets from 200 rounds. His plated bullets came apart and were tearing multiple holes in the target like he was using a shotgun. Lead and plated bullets like lower velocities. It's less of a problem in .45 ACP because the velocity is already lower with those heavier bullets.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    Thank you all for your help so far!! I am definitely doing a lot of research before seating my first bullet. Thank you all again!

Top Bottom