• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm still looking for a gunsmith who knows the S&W M&P pistol. I want an Apex trigger kit installed. Everyone I can find has said "I don't work on poly pistols" or "I'll try anything once". Not the answer I'm looking for. I want someone who has done this before and I have a hard time believing that with the popularity of the M&P, nobody in S.A. is qualifed.
    I tried Alex Hamilton, as was suggested to me, but he had no knowledge of the M&P's either.
    I spoke to David Dury who said "somebody makes a kit for it?" and "I'm not taking any pistol work for awhile".

Anyone know of a smith who's familiar with this pistol/trigger kit?

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I'm still looking for a gunsmith who knows the S&W M&P pistol. I want an Apex trigger kit installed. Everyone I can find has said "I don't work on poly pistols" or "I'll try anything once". Not the answer I'm looking for. I want someone who has done this before and I have a hard time believing that with the popularity of the M&P, nobody in S.A. is qualifed.
    I tried Alex Hamilton, as was suggested to me, but he had no knowledge of the M&P's either.
    I spoke to David Dury who said "somebody makes a kit for it?" and "I'm not taking any pistol work for awhile".

Anyone know of a smith who's familiar with this pistol/trigger kit?

sorry about your luck man. you might have to start thinking about doing the kit yourself or sending it off to apex.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Apex kit is one of the easiest kits I've ever installed. Apex Tactial has videos that walk you through the process and if you have a problem; call them. Randy or Scott can walk you through whatever trouble you might have over the phone. If you just have to have a smith work on the gun get in line for work done by Burwell, Bowie, or Accurate Iron and don't waste the money on a kit.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i believe a few of us mentioned last time in his other thread how easy it was and tutorials etc. some guys just arent comfortable even though its a drop in.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    No problem; guess it had to be listed twice for it to be good info. And you are right, the wait is worth it for that quality of work. When I was making the decision on the trigger work I wasn't prepared to wait and found the Apex Comp kit a good compromise. To each his own.

Top Bottom