• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    The P22 is $80 less up front but supposedly it only comes with one mag and an adapter has to be purchased for the suppressor. The SR22 comes with 2 mags and supposedly they are all suppressor ready. I am not sure if that second part is true as there seems to be a threaded and non threaded version. Maybe one comes with an adapter? Does anyone with the SR22 know if they are all suppressor ready?

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    I have no experience with the Walther.
    I do own a SR22.
    Took my grandson to the range last weekend and he loved the Ruger.
    It's extremely reliable and will eat just about anything you feed it.
    I've had it for a few years and probably put 500 rounds through it before experiencing any ftf/fte issues. Cleaned it one time and no more issues.
    The Ruger comes with interchangeable grips making it the right fit for almost anyone.
    Do I sound biased?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I bought the Walther when it first came out due the feel and Walther name. What a POS!
    I sold it for a large loss to a dealer at a GS that absolutely knew he was stealing it from me.

I figured they both deserved each other. I always give full disclosure, but not to that vulture.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I cannot recommend the P22...there is a reason it is inexpensive and heavily discounted......

The little SR22 will serve you well....for many years to come.....

Nothing wrong with a Browning but they can be difficult to charge a first round for small shooters...

jmho...

and what is kindergarten?
    Note there are bolt rackers for both Ruger and Browning available.
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...parts/bolt-rackers/index.htm?avs|Make_3=Ruger

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=browning+buckmark+bolt+racker&ksubmit=y

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I've owned several Rugers and a Buck Mark.

Still have the Buck Mark...Rugers have been sold.
    I've owned two buck marks and two Rugers. I literally shot the Ruger until it became so old the frame cracked and internals went kerfluey. I now have an S&W Victory. Although it has a great optic sight and easy as sin to dissassemble, I cannot recommend that one.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I only post like this.......to drive .......people......crazy.......

Some...if not most...of people are far too prone to going crazy.

I've had the Walther. Seemed to be less well constructed of alloy...of some sort.
    Sold it.

Still have the Ruger as a host for my suppressor and it's marvelous. Reliable with everything subsonic I feed it. Cycles half the time with the uber-silent CCI 710 "quiet" stuff, although I put my thumb to block the slide to make incredibly quiet.
    Found...for $10 bucks at a show a Fobus Ruger SR-22 holster and heated it's distal end and flared it and I can holster the can!!!

Ruger, I believe, if worth the extra $$$.

HKS

Last edited:

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Some...if not most...of people are far too prone to going crazy.

I've had the Walther. Seemed to be less well constructed of alloy...of some sort.
    Sold it.

Still have the Ruger as a host for my suppressor and it's marvelous. Reliable with everything subsonic I feed it. Cycles half the time with the uber-silent CCI 710 "quiet" stuff, although I put my thumb to block the slide to make incredibly quiet.
    Found...for $10 bucks at a show a Fobus Ruger SR-22 holster and heated it's distal end and flared it and I can holster the can!!!

Ruger, I believe, if worth the extra $$$.

HKS
    I have the Walther P-22 and mine has the included barrel threaded extender. Use. My .22 Silenser on it constantly and has not failed me yet.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    The word, Browning, has come up a few times in this thread, as an owner of virtually every gun mentioned in this thread, I believe that there are two viable, reliable options. The Ruger SR-22 with the 4.5 inch barrel, or the Browning 1911-22. If the pistol is for small children or petite ladies, I think the Ruger is easier to rack and so light and easy to shoot, it's hard to beat. If they are going to grow into real shootists, which means eventually they'll own and shoot a 1911 of some description, the Browning is the perfect gateway drug. I personally love the 1911-380, it's fun, accurate, and a real 1911! The preceding statement is an opinion and not authorized or endorsed by management.

My wife says I have two faults, 1. I don't listen to her, and 2. some other shit, whatever.....

Joezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX
    I have had the Walther P22 for 10 years or more. Mine only functions reliably with high velocity ammo. Other wise, with normal 22lr ammo, the ammo will not eject reliably.

Also, taking it apart to clean it is a major hassle. The guide rod spring is not captured so getting it back together with the slide and on the gun is not a fun task.

So, I can recommend the P22, IF you use high velocity ammo. If buying now, I would go with the SR22.

Joe

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Of course, there's always the Ruger Mk-II (or subsequent variations). They seem to work with any ammunition that I've ever tried in them and they last *forever*.

And argument could be made that for training young / new shooters, a single action revolver or single-shot pistol is a better choice.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I owned the Walther and it was a great little shooter. It did prefer the more expensive ammo. It was holding a gun up in front of my face knowing that it had a Pot Metal slide that I could not get past. It's made now by a toy company. If I were to choose today, it would be the Ruger.
    But the Walther looked so cool in fake blue carbon with a M-16 flash hider mounted. Alas it was all just for looks.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Had a P22 for a while. It worked OK. The sights were cheap plastic, which was a turnoff. The ergonomics were good. I just never warmed up to it. Sold it, bought a SR22 for my daughter. I liked it so much I bought one for myself. Same good ergonomics, better sights, feels like quality.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I owned the Walther and it was a great little shooter. ... It's made now by a toy company.

The P22 has ALWAYS been made by a toy company. The P22 was introduced in 2002 and it, as well as the PPQ .22 have always been made in Arnsberg, at Umarex, the toy and replica gun company that bought Walther in 1993.

Antler mark = made at the Walther factory in Ulm, and proofed in Ulm:

arsFCBo.png

Three crowns in a shield: made at the Umarex factory in Arnsberg and proofed in Cologne:

gQJGzfY.jpg

Yes, that's a S&W M&P 22. Walther made them, in their toy factory.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The P22 has ALWAYS been made by a toy company. The P22 was introduced in 2002 and it, as well as the PPQ .22 have always been made in Arnsberg, at Umarex, the toy and replica gun company that bought Walther in 1993.

Antler mark = made at the Walther factory in Ulm, and proofed in Ulm:

View attachment 127407

Three crowns in a shield: made at the Umarex factory in Arnsberg and proofed in Cologne:

View attachment 127408

Yes, that's a S&W M&P 22. Walther made them, in their toy factory.

And that's why me, a known S&W Fanboy would choose the Ruger.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the good info, gentlemen. Trying to find a SR22 with a threaded barrel in stock has been a pain. I guess I'll have to make my first gun order online. Now I have to find a FFL that will still make the price worth it.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I usually hit grabagun.com for best prices on miscellaneous items. Their gun prices seem lowest usually if you haven't checked them out. Buds always seems to bother me with their "cash" prices as opposed to paying with a card like every other site does.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom