• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I can assure you I know what I am doing. I have done hundreds of trusts and never had an issue. I am NFA dealer myself and am the preferred trust provider for some of the largest NFA dealers in Texas. I don't care if you use Sean, me, or someone else....but I don't appreciate the badmouthing. Go to AR15.com and ask about me in the NFA forum. You will get dozens and dozens of satisfied customers.

Feel free to call or email me directly to discuss.

Chris Bass
    The Bass Firm, PLLC

Hey Chris, I am sorry that you read my post the way that you did but I was not badmouthing you in any way and it never was my intention to do so. In fact I had never heard your name before this thread. I am sure that you are perfectly capable of building a solid NFA Trust. I was just trying to help answer the op's question with my own personal experience. I have personal experience with Sean and now I have personal experience with you.

Clean slate... Agreed?
    DK Firearms

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I can assure you I know what I am doing. I have done hundreds of trusts and never had an issue. I am NFA dealer myself and am the preferred trust provider for some of the largest NFA dealers in Texas. I don't care if you use Sean, me, or someone else....but I don't appreciate the badmouthing. Go to AR15.com and ask about me in the NFA forum. You will get dozens and dozens of satisfied customers.

Feel free to call or email me directly to discuss.

Chris Bass
    The Bass Firm, PLLC

Mr. Bass, I'll be contacting you soon about setting up an NFA trust of my own. I tried to go with Ryan Mordecai at lonestarguntrust.com but after over two weeks of unreturned e-mails and phone calls, I've given up and have disputed the payment on Paypal. I heard from another member that deals in NFA items (hkusp1) that he managed to get ahold of someone in his office and that he's out on personal business. But no indication of that on his site, an automated e-mail response, or in his voicemail message of that.

bigcbass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    My understanding is Ryan Mordecai is not an attorney (try looking him up on the Texas Bar site). I look forward to your call. You can reach me at 214-596-8314.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nothing about this "lonestarguntrust" and/or Ryan Mordecai passes my smell test. VERY little contact info on their website other than an email addy and phone number that's actually a cell number......yet LOTS of spam on various boards where he's promoting their "services".

I'd be very, VERY leery.....

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Like I said in the other thread about this, avoid the gray area and shady businesses and go with one of the vetted and trusted members of this forum in my opinion.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Why do people try to cheap out on NFA stuff? Just one stamp is $200. IMO, the few hundred bucks for a real trust is a small cost over the long term.

FWIW, Mr. Bass did mine, real quick too.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Well, I didn't go cheap on purpose. I just did a Google search for someone that'd set up an NFA trust that had a good reputation and was local to me. It just so happened that Lonestar offered a relatively affordable price.

Pachucko

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Oh, I wasn't talking about you or anyone else in particular. I apologize if it came off that way. It just seems like people are always asking about how to get around NFA fees and such.

bigjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    N DFW
    in my experience with lawyers, its always best to show up at their office and get some face time with them...otherwise you are just another voice on the phone...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    in my experience with lawyers, its always best to show up at their office and get some face time with them...otherwise you are just another voice on the phone...

In my experience with lawyer a face to face cost more. Sean did mine several years ago & I never met him. It's never stopped me from recommending people to him & I never got or expected a kick back.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom