• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Hey all,

I recently had back surgery, so lifting is out of the question for a few more months, but I recently picked up a new safe and need a hand getting it up into my place. Needs to go up a flight of stairs, and into a closet. Should be a quick job for a couple guys and a handtruck, I can take care of securing it down. Safe is just under 300lbs all the junk is moved so just needs to be slapped into place.

Will pay well for your time.

Thanks
    Z

Yes, I know its a bit of an odd request to be posting about, but I don't know anyone in this area to do it.
    Texas SOT

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hey all,

I recently had back surgery, so lifting is out of the question for a few more months, but I recently picked up a new safe and need a hand getting it up into my place. Needs to go up a flight of stairs, and into a closet. Should be a quick job for a couple guys and a handtruck, I can take care of securing it down. Safe is just under 300lbs all the junk is moved so just needs to be slapped into place.

Will pay well for your time.

Thanks
    Z

Yes, I know its a bit of an odd request to be posting about, but I don't know anyone in this area to do it.

When were you looking to do this? If you can get one or two more guys I'll lend you some help if the schedule works.
    I had to move mine last year but fortunately had my father in law help. I just didn't trust the moving company crew to know about it.

Let me know.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Go to Gander mountain & see if they recomend some safe movers.
    That's how I got mine home.

It was one guy with a motorized hand truck & he can take them upstairs by himself.
    Something like $150.00.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    When were you looking to do this? If you can get one or two more guys I'll lend you some help if the schedule works.
    I had to move mine last year but fortunately had my father in law help. I just didn't trust the moving company crew to know about it.

Let me know.

I have about 20 more days to pick it up, so really anytime.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Go to Gander mountain & see if they recomend some safe movers.
    That's how I got mine home.

It was one guy with a motorized hand truck & he can take them upstairs by himself.
    Something like $150.00.

I asked around at cabelas when I bought it, they said they werent allowed to recommend anyone...The local academy employees......well lets just say I don't want them in my house.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I said Gander Mountain, is there not one around?
    It was not employees of Gander that did the moving, either.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    zfields,

Trust me when I say this is meant not to be disrespectful and I understand your situation. However, San Marcos is a college town and even though it's summer vacation, there has to be a way to find two young college age guys that would love to earn a few buck for what should be not much time. Maybe Craigslist, etc., make a few phone calls, use some BS ambiguous terms to describe what you want moved (300 lb object, heavy chest, you get the idea), approx how far, up some stairs and see what you get.

hardcase60

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    zfields,

Trust me when I say this is meant not to be disrespectful and I understand your situation. However, San Marcos is a college town and even though it's summer vacation, there has to be a way to find two young college age guys that would love to earn a few buck for what should be not much time. Maybe Craigslist, etc., make a few phone calls, use some BS ambiguous terms to describe what you want moved (300 lb object, heavy chest, you get the idea), approx how far, up some stairs and see what you get.

hardcase60

And all the students are moving in over the next week.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    zfields,

hardcase60

And that is exactly who don't want knowing what I have in my house. Students, who are trying to score a few bucks, that have little to no ties to the area, etc etc.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I asked around at cabelas when I bought it, they said they werent allowed to recommend anyone...The local academy employees......well lets just say I don't want them in my house.

The Cabela's south of Austin? I was just there looking at safes. Floor salesman handed me cards of 2 companies from a stack of names of people who move them. You asked the wrong person.

Don't know if I kept them, but let me know if you want me to look for you.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    The Cabela's south of Austin? I was just there looking at safes. Floor salesman handed me cards of 2 companies from a stack of names of people who move them. You asked the wrong person.

Don't know if I kept them, but let me know if you want me to look for you.

Yep That's the one. That is odd, I asked an older guy that seemed to know what the hell he was talking about. Go figure.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Man, with right tools, it would only take 1 person to move it. I have personally moved my 700 pounder 4 times and only required help once(going up 2 flights of stairs in an old apartment). Just get a dolly, several small pieces of PVC pipe(to make rollers), and viola!

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    Man, with right tools, it would only take 1 person to move it. I have personally moved my 700 pounder 4 times and only required help once(going up 2 flights of stairs in an old apartment). Just get a dolly, several small pieces of PVC pipe(to make rollers), and viola!

Like I said, just had spinal surgery, no lifting for me : )

Top Bottom