• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Given my background I visit another Forum Arrse (Army Rumor Service - British). I just came upon a thread there discussing plans by the UK Gov to tighten Firearm Laws over there!!!!!

Given how restrictive things already are over there this seems hard to believe. They will never feel they have enough control. Maybe they will be satisfied when the only deaths from guns are caused by Terrorists, Criminals or the small number of Armed Police.

Things being considered are search and seizure without any warrant. Needing your family doctor to approve your application own a firearm and of course the UK equivalent of "Red Flag Law".

I am sure there are a lot of Dems over here rubbing their hands and thinking "Hiw can we do that"

Lynx Defense

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I have read that the City of London has gone through gun-control, knife-control, hammer-control, & wrench-control; and, is now going to try “umbrella-control” ?

“When will they learn, when will they ever learn ?”

My late Dad returned from WWII, including some 10 months inside a MI-5 unit, to tell me repeatedly, “The British are EVIL!”.

leVieux

<>

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    The muslins are pretty much in all city offices around England, so they don’t want the regular citizens having weapons
    When they decide to take over
    Like the problem in France now
    In less than 10-20 years muslims will take over Europe

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Given my background I visit another Forum Arrse (Army Rumor Service - British). I just came upon a thread there discussing plans by the UK Gov to tighten Firearm Laws over there!!!!!

Given how restrictive things already are over there this seems hard to believe. They will never feel they have enough control. Maybe they will be satisfied when the only deaths from guns are caused by Terrorists, Criminals or the small number of Armed Police.

Things being considered are search and seizure without any warrant. Needing your family doctor to approve your application own a firearm and of course the UK equivalent of "Red Flag Law".

I am sure there are a lot of Dems over here rubbing their hands and thinking "Hiw can we do that"

Pesky 2nd Amendment!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The muslins are pretty much in all city offices around England, so they don’t want the regular citizens having weapons
    When they decide to take over
    Like the problem in France now
    In less than 10-20 years muslims will take over Europe
    <>

? Like Michigan is now ?

<>

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    “The British are EVIL!”.
    Nope, just like Fench,German and Italians, pretty stupid.
    The whole of Western Europe gradually embraced more and more collectivism throughout the 20th century. Both world wars served to accellerate that with Governments imposing command economies and rationing. The politicians and civil servants got drunk on that increased control and never wanted to let go. Now I know that same process started over here in about 1942 but on the other side of the pond it really go going in 1915. So there has been less time for it to embed here. The greater central control that most National governments over there have makes it easier for a small central elite to control everything. For example in UK the "Home Secretary" Is probably the third most powerful man in the country. He has direct control over all the police, he can hire and fire any chief in any county, he controls all the prisons and the courts. In effect he is Homeland Security and Justice all rolled into one, without having to worry about what any local politicians think..

Now I am sure the present head of the Justice Dept here would like the same sort of power but of course there is that rather irritating 18th century document that gets in his way.

When I was younger I use to read stories watch movies and TV shows from over here, several times I heard the phrase used "all politics is local". Well I can tell you straight living in UK, the only politics that matters is national. Local politicians are a joke apart from telling you whether you may or may not build an extension to your house and what colour it must be they are irrelevant.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The whole of Western Europe gradually embraced more and more collectivism throughout the 20th century. Both world wars served to accellerate that with Governments imposing command economies and rationing. The politicians and civil servants got drunk on that increased control and never wanted to let go. Now I know that same process started over here in about 1942 but on the other side of the pond it really go going in 1915. So there has been less time for it to embed here. The greater central control that most National governments over there have makes it easier for a small central elite to control everything. For example in UK the "Home Secretary" Is probably the third most powerful man in the country. He has direct control over all the police, he can hire and fire any chief in any county, he controls all the prisons and the courts. In effect he is Homeland Security and Justice all rolled into one, without having to worry about what any local politicians think..

Now I am sure the present head of the Justice Dept here would like the same sort of power but of course there is that rather irritating 18th century document that gets in his way.

When I was younger I use to read stories watch movies and TV shows from over here, several times I heard the phrase used "all politics is local". Well I can tell you straight living in UK, the only politics that matters is national. Local politicians are a joke apart from telling you whether you may or may not build an extension to your house and what colour it must be they are irrelevant.
    <>

Thanks for your perspective & input.

Dad was referring to MI-5 in WWII.

<>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Maybe they will be satisfied when the only deaths from guns are caused by Terrorists, Criminals or the small number of Armed Police.

That's so not true. They also want to get rid of the few armed police they have. An English friend of mine recently tried to tell me their gun laws were the result of "having common sense". She didn't like my reply.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    That's so not true. They also want to get rid of the few armed police they have. An English friend of mine recently tried to tell me their gun laws were the result of "having common sense". She didn't like my reply.
    Yes you are probably right. I should have mentioned that one of the reasons the UK has had strict gun laws for so long is so that they can maintain an unarmed police force. If in a fantasy land you can ensure that there is not a single firearm in your country then you can keep law and order with nothing more than Tasers, CS spray amd big sticks. This would allow a government to keep the populace under control without looking too repressive.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yes you are probably right. I should have mentioned that one of the reasons the UK has had strict gun laws for so long is so that they can maintain an unarmed police force. If in a fantasy land you can ensure that there is not a single firearm in your country then you can keep law and order with nothing more than Tasers, CS spray amd big sticks. This would allow a government to keep the populace under control without looking too repressive.

When you add in a "duty to retreat" and outlawing self defense, it makes it even easier on the po-po's. Since they're pretty much guaranteed to never happen upon a violent criminal in the act of committing a crime, they can go about unarmed with little danger.

Unless the criminal decides to attack a cop. Then they're as screwed as the general populace.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    <>

I have read that the City of London has gone through gun-control, knife-control, hammer-control, & wrench-control; and, is now going to try “umbrella-control” ?

“When will they learn, when will they ever learn ?”

My late Dad returned from WWII, including some 10 months inside a MI-5 unit, to tell me repeatedly, “The British are EVIL!”.

leVieux

<>
    Not to mention they had a Russian SPY as head of MI6. Which allowed the Soviets to get ahold of the Atomic Bomb. We just accepted British security knew what they were doing.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Not to mention they had a Russian SPY as head of MI6. Which allowed the Soviets to get ahold of the Atomic Bomb. We just accepted British security knew what they were doing.
    <>

My late Dad, who sent almost 10 months inside a Brit MI-5 offshoot during WWII, told me that their Intelligence folks TOLD HIM that their own ranks were replete with double & triple agents. They requested Dad mainly b/c he couldn’t be recognized by their internal traitors.

<>

Top Bottom