• toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ejection port (kinda) ?

And trigger area.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I don’t like anything blocking either of those areas. If it folds and impedes access (or ejection or other action required for operation) in the folded position, I’m solidly against.

Considering the point of folding the brace is to make it more compact; if I’ve got to unfold the brace for operation, then it kind of defeats the purpose of such a small package.

But then again, with .45ACP, there’s always the 1911 in a more compact package. Double-stack even.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Is that an AR lower with a .45ACP sized mag well? I'd have to see one in person to decide whether I want one or not. Wonder what the bolt carrier looks like.

If it has all the right features and runs well I'd hit it.
    Essentially, this in an LWRC UMP, only with improvements all around. And no import nonsense. Also, it uses AR fire control groups, so easily updated if one likes. Unlike the UMP, it permits one to choose your preferred AR pistol grip.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My UMP uses double stack magazines.
    Exactly. I'm thinking some of the folks either hadn't read the article or aren't familiar with the difference between the USC and the UMP. I'm not saying it's necessarily worth $3K, but there's definitely a place in the market for it.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Did you read post 21?

Do you own one?
    I've been following the development of these, as I'm sort of an LWRC (and HK) junkie. The picture seems to show approximately the same amount of clearance that my UMP with factory stock has. I have no problem accessing the trigger or safety switch with the stock folded, and the folded stock does not hamper ejection at all.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I'd really enjoy one of those LWRC .45's, though I wouldn't pay $3k. Probably not even $2k.

Makes me interested in building an AR-45 pistol though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    For those of you with interest, CMMG makes one (Banshee model) for half the price and it's supposedly pretty top notch. It's more a SBR or AR pistol but I only know about it because I like their 9mm offering but too rich for my blood at $1500.

45a691c-mb_2.jpg

Attachments

• 45a691c-mb_2.jpg
      45a691c-mb_2.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 227
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom