New addition to the reloading press...

Andy

Sep 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
This should help speed things up a wee bit:

20606tl.jpg

reddog

Jul 19, 2013
Love mine, I just wish the bullet feeder would work with cast, I've been thinking of doing the PC thing then without the sticky lube I'm sure it would, then talk about speeding things up!!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
Love mine, I just wish the bullet feeder would work with cast, I've been thinking of doing the PC thing then without the sticky lube I'm sure it would, then talk about speeding things up!!
Try the coating that Donnie for Bayou Bullets uses. Its a proprietary formula from Australia where they have been experimenting with coatings for over 2 decades. It's slick as snot, sizes very easily and MUCH easier to apply than PC. Basically the only tool you need for it is a bucket to apply the coating (much in the same way you use a bucket to One Shot lube cases) and a convection toaster oven to cure it. I don't personally cast yet so I don't use it yet but I've been buying the already coated Bayous and they are the beez neez. If you want more info on it you can devote a day or so to reading the thread about it on Castboolits.com. You can buy the coating kit from directly from Bayou. Pretty sure most people report it adds less than a cent per bullet to cost.

Andy

Sep 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
A bullet-feeder would be awesome, but yes - I cast my own as well so it wouldn't work too well with the lube as is.

I've heard of a number of techniques to get around this - one is simply to use pre-loaded tubes of bullets (in much the same way as a primer-tube) stuck vertically into the bullet-feeding die; I've also read a little bit about coated bullets but have yet to try them.

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
Speed is the enemy of the good.

Just can't see reloading as an endeavor that requires speed.

On the other hand, the Chinese never thought their navigation skills would lead to a man on the moon.

Good luck with your setup.

Andy

Sep 13, 2013
Dallas, TX
I used to shoot 500-1,000 pistol rounds per weekend. Would you rather spend 5-10 hours reloading those, or 1-2 hours? ;)

Last edited:

dunnrite

TGT Supporter
Jun 3, 2012
Kingsland
I like my case feeder. No plans on putting a bullet feeder on it though, prefer to see powder with my own eyes...
My powder cop works very well for this.

I have been thinking about a bullet feeder, is the problem with cast and the lube a problem with hard lube as well?

Top Bottom