• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hard to find. Problem with it is that they're not standard ARs and a lot of parts won't interchange. Also, it's got that pointless gas system on it... Bleah. Get a regular AR, much better off.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Hard to find. Problem with it is that they're not standard ARs and a lot of parts won't interchange. Also, it's got that pointless gas system on it... Bleah. Get a regular AR, much better off.

BRO. Gas piston is, like, the only way to go. I saw it on Sons of Guns. Way more reliable and way more badass they said. If you don't have a gas piston, you're a loser!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, my brother is having that problem. He went and got Sig's patrol rifle because its unique and has a good reputation. Problem is...its unique and very hard to customize other than rail accessories. I still wouldn't pay 8,000 for ANY rifle that isn't gold plated. Lol

I've got to admit-I almost went to buy a piston upper for my AR because of everything I have heard. Then I shot and cleaned my brothers. I'm good with gas. Lol

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Pistons are totally pointless. And I'm currently shooting with an ops416. It may stay cleaner in the receiver area but it makes a huge fucking mess under the rail. Also heats the shit out of the for end. When it fails I'll slap in the gas tube and put my bolt back in the ar carrier. I wouldn't recommend any ar that isny direct impingement.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Meh, I read an article on it a few months ago and was unimpressed. Maybe worth $800 to me but not $8k.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $8K??? Hell, if you're going to blow THAT much money, add a grand or two to that and buy a Barrett .50 cal!!!

218d8d91a9620cebcc6e3f695433c0dd.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    At the NRA Annual Meeting, The Whittington Center was selling raffle tickets with one of these as one of the prizes. Somebody won one for a $20 ticket. If I had known I could flip it for $8K, I might have bought a few more tickets. ;)

At least, I think that's what they were giving away. Pic is below. Is this the same type of rifle?

DSC_0059_zpsa8b22549.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    what happened? the old school m16s the basic ar"s worked fine!!! why all this ? just like food people basics basics

Top Bottom