New "Fight Back" Seminars In Colleges

wildcat

May 3, 2008
New Seminars suggest "Fight Back" to Gunmen Shooting Students in Colleges. "Throw backpacks !!! This will very Impress the shooter.

wildcat

May 3, 2008
We know a Texas Teacher who keeps an AK-47 in his gym bag under his desk. "I welcome some idiot with a Glock 19 to come in" "They would be straping him off the walls in 20 seconds" Texas has a tridition. The only southern state not invaded during the Civil War. An entire ARMY tried to invade during the BATTLE OF SABINE PASS. SMALL GROUP (20?) sank 3 ships---captured 500 men---rest went back to New Orleans. TEXAS

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
The average backpack weighs about 30 lbs. loaded. If you can get a good swing in with that you will take someone to the ground. Me personally, I prefer dropping the backpack, and legging it.

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
Let's market some "Texas Gun Talk" brand up-armored backpacks!! $19.99 upgrade and comes with sheepskin lining to protect the ballistic plates from wear/tear to the parkerized finish!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Let's market some "Texas Gun Talk" brand up-armored backpacks!! $19.99 upgrade and comes with sheepskin lining to protect the ballistic plates from wear/tear to the parkerized finish!
I'd prefer the Texas Bookmore. It's a claymore woven into the backpack and filled with additional options like roofing nails, rock salt, additional ball bearings, etc.

Why stop the bullet when you can paint the walls.

fm2

Event Coordinator
Apr 27, 2008
New Seminars suggest "Fight Back" to Gunmen Shooting Students in Colleges. "Throw backpacks !!! This will very Impress the shooter.
I can't believe this crap.

They start with the "no weapons" policy, according to them for our own safety.
Then, when they have a "shooter" they form a perimeter and wait. Why, why, why?
Now they suggest (while they are armed, massed, and from a defendable position) the students throw backpacks at the Gunmen. :banghead:

Prof: Okay, students prepare for full frontal charge! Ready backpacks, fix pencils & rulers, CHARGE !

WTF, over?

Double Naught Spy

Mar 4, 2008
North Texas
It's not about impressing the shooter. It is a stop gap measure that is legal, hence can be suggested to students as a viable working solution - one of many. It may buy you some time or cause enough of a distraction such that folks have a chance to either mount a better assault on the shooter (which isn't likely because people rarely instantaneously and spontaneously band together for coordinated assaults) or to effect an escape. You don't have to defeat the shooter per se, but to defeat the shooter's ability to hurt you.

The problem is that in most such shooting situations, people don't fight back at all. Even when faced with being trapped in the same room with a shooter, such as Cho, they opt to try to hide behind desks and such, as if Cho could not find them. So, he casually walked around and shot people. They failed to defeat his ability to hurt them.

In the class where the Jewish professor helped barricade the door and was shot and killed, it could be argued that impromtu barricades are not effective. This is somewhat true. It took Cho a bit more time to get in the room, but he did, and he killed the prof along the way. However, several students managed to escape in that short period of time because of the delay, thereby defeating Cho's ability to hurt them.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
I'll never understand that "hide" mentality, especially when faced with certain death. F that, I'll fight to the death if I have to, stabbing with pencils, protractors or whatever I happen to have on hand. I may still get killed, but I would take pleasure in knowing that I made my attacker feel some pain or lose an eye or something, or that he was bleeding so bad he would be right behind me in death. ;)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member