• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Been reading a lot of post and like what I see. I in Dunmor, KY about the middle north and south about 55 miles north of Nashville.

I am just over 70 and have copd pretty bad so my activities are limited now, but my mind is still good I think. Married with 1 son and 4 step daughters. I really like guns and motorcycles but don't ride or hunt now. I have 2 bikes in the shed, 1978 Honda 750k and a 67 Honda 305 Super Hawk, neither running.

I've been to 2 Bike road races, Road America and Barber Speedway. I've never been road racing on a track but loved carving up roads all over the place.
    I went to US 30 Drag strip in Merriville,IND. back in the day and raced a 1985 Honda 650 but never got a trophy but did with my 1964 chevelle,283 with 4 barrel, 3 speed. Had the motor back fire thru the carb and it buckled the hood bad so I cut it out and put a large working hood scoop so I had to run modified class. Don't know what
    rear gearing it had but it would really rev and I went through the 1/4 mile in 2nd gear. Had poor boy cut outs, no headers. When I got the trophy I was running cheater slicks they called them. That kind of sums it up for me. Hi to all, God speed and God Bless America. Mike
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Hearty welcome from up in Foat Wurth. Know yall have good whiskey and fast horses. Have you got any Burgoo recipes we need to hear about? We dont cook or eat sheep in Texas. I tried a leg of lamb one time. It stunk up the whole neighborhood. Like a Javelina collard peccary sorta. What makes that sutff stink so bad, Thanks.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Been reading a lot of post and like what I see. I in Dunmor, KY about the middle north and south about 55 miles north of Nashville.

I am just over 70 and have copd pretty bad so my activities are limited now, but my mind is still good I think. Married with 1 son and 4 step daughters. I really like guns and motorcycles but don't ride or hunt now. I have 2 bikes in the shed, 1978 Honda 750k and a 67 Honda 305 Super Hawk, neither running.

I've been to 2 Bike road races, Road America and Barber Speedway. I've never been road racing on a track but loved carving up roads all over the place.
    I went to US 30 Drag strip in Merriville,IND. back in the day and raced a 1985 Honda 650 but never got a trophy but did with my 1964 chevelle,283 with 4 barrel, 3 speed. Had the motor back fire thru the carb and it buckled the hood bad so I cut it out and put a large working hood scoop so I had to run modified class. Don't know what
    rear gearing it had but it would really rev and I went through the 1/4 mile in 2nd gear. Had poor boy cut outs, no headers. When I got the trophy I was running cheater slicks they called them. That kind of sums it up for me. Hi to all, God speed and God Bless America. Mike
    Sounds like you should huddle up with your old geriatric pals at the Sports Grill during happy hour and tell us about when you joined the woulda and shoulda club.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Hearty welcome from up in Foat Wurth. Know yall have good whiskey and fast horses. Have you got any Burgoo recipes we need to hear about? We dont cook or eat sheep in Texas. I tried a leg of lamb one time. It stunk up the whole neighborhood. Like a Javelina collard peccary sorta. What makes that sutff stink so bad, Thanks.
    I'm originally from north west Indiana but my wife was born in KY. Neither of us have tried nor eat sheep or lamb. I no longer drink but if I do it's good scotch and never beer. I only say yall to mock the dumb people regardless where their from.
    I served a 4 year apprentice program and am a Journeyman Machinceist by trade. Only been to Texas a few times, wife and I use to sell antique glassware and we went to some glass shows near Fort Worth.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Sounds like you should huddle up with your old geriatric pals at the Sports Grill during happy hour and tell us about when you joined the woulda and shoulda club.
    Not much to share on my part, never served (1A - defective vision) what ever that means. Pretty boring life compared to you guys.

And I only ride Honda's butI would take a 1966/67 Sportster but only it was completely stock. Can't have any junk/bling added.

Last edited:

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Same here. My wife and I got along good for 50 years till we both retired at the same time. Way too much much yap yap blah blah stuff. its driving me crazy. She might be fixing to join Alice Kramden up on the Moon if she dont shut up Do you put kidney beans in the chili? We all know the rules around here. Anybody who aint from Texas is a yankee. Sorry.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Same here. My wife and I got along good for 50 years till we both retired at the same time. Way too much much yap yap blah blah stuff. its driving me crazy. She might be fixing to join Alice Kramden up on the Moon if she dont shut up Do you put kidney beans in the chili? We all know the rules around here. Anybody who aint from Texas is a yankee. Sorry.
    Can't make chili with out beans. So I'm a yankee that's lost his way. Could be worse, I could have been a demorat, but I poop when needed.

Top Bottom