• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hey TGT,

I'm Silas and glad to be here! Moved here in December from the Bay Area in California. I have a couple of Glock pistols (Gen 3) and some rifles. As I'm getting settled in on the west side of Houston, looking to upgrade because Cali's list is super restrictive. This winter I'd like to get a hunting license here and go with a guide.

I'll be posting some sights in the classifieds area. You can check out my ratings on Feedback score on CalGuns https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/itrader.php?u=311349
    <>

Welcome to TGT, the South, & Texas.

Please visit R&M Firearms in ElCampo, right on US59/IH69.

Go by your local TP&W Offices, meet the “Wildlife Officers” (Game Wardens); they have all sorts of advice on hunting & contacts.

<>

SilasWinter

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2023
    Houston, TX
    Welcome aboard. Let’s hear about your rifles. What are you looking to hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Savage 10 BA stealth that takes 6.5 creedmore. Picked up during 2020 lockdown and never got the Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm scope mounted. Kinda didn't see the point since everyone was masked up in California.

Have recommendations for a good local shop to mount it?

SilasWinter

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2023
    Houston, TX
    <>

Welcome to TGT, the South, & Texas.

Please visit R&M Firearms in ElCampo, right on US59/IH69.

Go by your local TP&W Offices, meet the “Wildlife Officers” (Game Wardens); they have all sorts of advice on hunting & contacts.

<>

Dang, R&M is 60 miles west. I'll look them up and see what they offer in stock.

Texas Parks and Wildlife, sweet! I'll look up their offices. I have a dog and would like to eventually bring him along hunting. Still young though.

SilasWinter

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2023
    Houston, TX
    Only down side here, places to shoot. There is A LOT of land to go shooting on out west. Around here you’re stuck on a range, get on a lease, buy land, or get lucky and have a friend with land.
    I was wondering about that. Had fun shooting out in Nevada on open land. I'll poke around here to see where ya'll shoot outdoors when the weather cools down.

What do you all call yourselves? TGunners?

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    Hey TGT,

I'm Silas and glad to be here! Moved here in December from the Bay Area in California. I have a couple of Glock pistols (Gen 3) and some rifles. As I'm getting settled in on the west side of Houston, looking to upgrade because Cali's list is super restrictive. This winter I'd like to get a hunting license here and go with a guide.

I'll be posting some sights in the classifieds area. You can check out my ratings on Feedback score on CalGuns https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/itrader.php?u=311349
    Welcome, spent some time (3 years) in the Bay Area before moving to Texas (wife's dad was terminal). Lived in Daly City and have family all over the place in Bay Area.
    Used to shoot matches at Richmond and Yolo.

Welcome to Texas.

Top Bottom