• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I wasn't really trying to say anything against your choice, and hope it didn't come across that way.

More just my frustration with the crap they sell now. Slap a couple circuit boards in it, some flashing lights, and an LED display and sell it for $1000+. Don't need to worry about reliability, IT'S GOT FLASHING LIGHTS!

Just don't like the quality of products these days and most people happily dump money for that crap.
    It's cool. I'm not accusing you of anything. When I bought this condo it was (redone) new kitchen appliances, new floors and new paint.
    Initially I was happy about new appliances because everything worked.
    Now I'm not ok with this fridge. The other stuff is cool.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Surge arrester.
    Circuit boards get damaged easily if a lightning strike happens. Even miles away.
    Went through the same thing with the hot tub.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Could be worse. Bought wife a brand new wine fridge when we built the house, with the intention of installing it in the kitchen island when we replaced the builder-basic tile with hardwood. Life happened, floors got put on hold for a while. The day came to finally install it, figured I'd plug it in before cutting the cabinets to make room, and I'm glad I did - it was DOA (open compressor windings). Since it was past the warranty period, I had *zero* recourse. The vendor and the manuf. both told me to pound sand. A replacement compressor for it was about $100, plus the labor to evac., replace, and recharge. Decided just to junk it, so there went $400.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It's cool. I'm not accusing you of anything. When I bought this condo it was (redone) new kitchen appliances, new floors and new paint.
    Initially I was happy about new appliances because everything worked.
    Now I'm not ok with this fridge. The other stuff is cool.

Should be the other way around, am I right.....

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I've been boycotting GE for some years now, both because of the quality of their appliances and Jeffrey Immelt's buddying-up to Obama. You'll see a lot of Samsung labels in my kitchen and laundry. We renovated the house a couple of years ago and bought all new appliances and the fridge has the wireless touch screen which is handy to get recipes, weather, news and music.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I didn't buy this damn thing. It came new with the condo. I will never buy an expensive refrigerator now. One day I will destroy this thing with my firemans axe and a sledge. Might even take some slugs and buckshot to it.

Sounds like nothing a little Tannerite won't fix. Maybe it needs to take a little trip to Hicksville.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I have a GE Dishwasher blah hate it buttons don't work right have to touch it just right or it won't do a wash cycle. Now my fancy Samsung fridge bad ass man bad ass lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Punctuate much?

haha half kidding,

I have an LG fridge, so far its been good, the only thing that sucks is when getting water and ice from the door, you cant open the other door to browse. which pisses me off because I dont want to stand there for the ridiculous 30 seconds it takes to fill up a glass, staring at my blurry reflection in the stainless steel. I want to look inside at my food.

it may just be the model though, its one of the french doors with the freezer on the bottom.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Punctuate much?

haha half kidding,

I have an LG fridge, so far its been good, the only thing that sucks is when getting water and ice from the door, you cant open the other door to browse. which pisses me off because I dont want to stand there for the ridiculous 30 seconds it takes to fill up a glass, staring at my blurry reflection in the stainless steel. I want to look inside at my food.

it may just be the model though, its one of the french doors with the freezer on the bottom.
    Same with the Samsung so I assume it's a safety? feature on all fridges with french doors. I do like how the L.E.D.s are on a sensor to light up the water/ice dispenser as soon as a glass approaches the actuator.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Same with the Samsung so I assume it's a safety? feature on all fridges with french doors. I do like how the L.E.D.s are on a sensor to light up the water/ice dispenser as soon as a glass approaches the actuator.

I can open my fridge door while getting ice/water.
    Can't remember the brand, though.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Hey guys,
    my fridge was working fine yesterday. I have no idea what's going on and I'm very confused about it. Freezer was at 1 and fridge was at 33. I told my wife to change the fridge back up to 37. I don't know what's going on inside that thing

Top Bottom