• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I've heard of extremely rare issues with many manufacturer's products but you got THREE Kimbers that had issues?

Care to explain that a bit to the rest of us?

Multiple feeding issues on one (FTRTB, double feeds and the slide locking open prematurely) and ejection issues on the others (stove pipes and failure to extract). My colt Commander that replaced them has run perfectly. I know others have had good luck with Kimbers, that just wasn't my experience. The Pro Carry II that Kimber sent as a replacement was fine.
    Hurley's Gold

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't doubting you - just wanted to hear what problems you had. It's always good to know what kind of experiences others are having. It makes us smarter buyers.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Multiple feeding issues on one (FTRTB, double feeds and the slide locking open prematurely) and ejection issues on the others (stove pipes and failure to extract). My colt Commander that replaced them has run perfectly. I know others have had good luck with Kimbers, that just wasn't my experience. The Pro Carry II that Kimber sent as a replacement was fine.

We see failures with Kimbers all the time at the range. I am surprised at how many people buy them when they are one of the most finicky brands out there.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    the tommy gun, bad extractor bolt and the rear sight vibed loose, sent back on their dime,fixed and now 1k in the pipe

Top Bottom