• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zolotoi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Austin
    I moved to Austin in 2011. I joined this forum in 2012. 8 years later, I'm finally making my first post. Ha! Done a lot of reading. Never responded. Never voiced anything. Just learned, watched, and enjoyed.

Originally from Utah. Married in 2000. My wife was opposed to guns. I wasn't opposed, but didn't know much about them. My father grew up on a farm in Idaho, hunted and shot guns his whole life, but for some reason didn't pass it on to his kids.

Fast forward several years, and I terminated the employment of a schizophrenic drug addict. He then started making Facebook and other postings about harming me and my family. My wife called me at work, and said don't come home without owning a gun. While I didn't find the gun I wanted that day, I soon was carrying (legally) a Kahr PM9 everywhere I went. And I still am today.

While I miss the mountains of my home state of Utah, I am glad that Texas is mostly a gun-friendly state. Not as friendly as Utah, but still not like most of the country. Glad to be here. It's time that I'm more vocal and involved in the 2A community. God bless America.
    Hurley's Gold

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Welcome. As you likely already know, this is a good group here. There are many with whom to share common cause and common interest.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    sorry to hear everything you went through ... had to have been scary at the time...terrible circumstances that brought your wife around but glad she changed her mind!

anyway, hi from houston and :welcome:

zolotoi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Austin
    Welcome,
    how were you able to keep quite for eight years, I only lasted about 18 months before I came out in the open, lol.
    No idea! Ha! Not very normal for me. But I realized I enjoy this so much I need to start adding to the content. And I need to keep learning. Be prepared for questions!

Top Bottom