• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rottingcorpse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    arlington texas
    be advised, i am still fairly new to the internet, and am as computer literate as your family dog....so bear with me.

my name is martin, but everyone calls me "the corpse" (long story). i have lived in pantego texas for most of my life. i spent 6 years in the navy, and now drive a truck over the road. i am a musician, and have been collecting guitars for 6 years. now i am moving on to firearms. in reality, i am one of those guys who has to have a "collecting" hobby. $3k guitars were killing me, so i was looking for something a little cheaper, and have several friends who have carry permits who have been telling me the gun clubs were kinda cool and to look into them.

i have an h&k 40 small frame i bought from my brother, and a s&w 38 revolver given to me by my uncle. i have never had to buy from a gun shop, or attended a gun show. so this is a whole new world to me. i want to attend a dallas/ft.worth gun show soon to see what it is like, and maybe pick up a glock 26 or 27 new or used. but would want to go with someone who had some experience as i am way too ignorant of this world.

my brother and i used to go to the local range once in a while and go though a few boxes of ammo. it's been about 2 years since then, as i bought his pistol and put it away in my sisters gun safe. time for me to think about pulling it out and buying some ammo....

anyway, if anyone is in the d/fw area and might be willing to let a 44 year old texas sized truck driver tag along at the next gun show....please let me know.

thanks,martin

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Welcome aboard, MadMo is the one to up your way that is the big Kahuna with get togethers
    and shooting meets and after some lead slinging hit some place for lunch.
    good bunch of folks in the DFW area.
    I did a lot of driving also but around the Chicago and the 5 surrounding counties.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Howdy from Austin. Have fun at your first gun show and the best selling all around Glock is the 19. Rent one if you can before you decide.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    hey RC, this isnt you is it??
    attachment.php
    you did say guitars and guns...

Top Bottom