• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC

The best place to get crab cakes. They occasionally run free ship deals and that is the best time to buy.
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. G & M seafood is right next to the airport just outside Baltimore. It’s got the best crab cakes in town... and they ship them in dry ice all over the country. We give them as gifts all the time. You have my personal guarantee that you will like them. It’s the only thing I can think that anyone would want to import from Maryland.

Here’s a link: https://gandmcrabcakes.com/

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    I fully expect Texas to be a sold liberal bastion by 2030, not because old school native Texans lean that way but because we are dying off and are being watered down by the aliens from other states with their "progressive" big city mentality. I pray I am wrong, but I fear I am not.
    We are coming specifically for the politics. I share your fears and prayers.

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    Welcome. Hope it works out that you can escape.

Bills of Sale are for limber dicked cocksuckers and blue state transplants that can’t handle freedom.
    Thank you or that warm Texas welcome! We‘re coming specifically to be free.

Interesting that you bring this up. Private sales of anything but shotguns has been illegal for at least a decade, maybe more here. Can’t buy M1As or ARs (the exception is HBARs, which are too heavy for my wife to hold.) How we got to where we are in such a short time astonishes me. ;

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    Welcome to Texas.

I live in Waxahachie and like it. Everybody working in Dallas wants to move north of town but it's too busy up there for my taste.
    Thank you - this is helpful. In my line of work I will probably end up as a consultant working for the largest of companies doing software development management.

Is there a “tech hub” or “tech corridor” where these companies congregate, or are they scattered? If I can narrow it down at least then I can start looking for the nearest red county...

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Thank you - this is helpful. In my line of work I will probably end up as a consultant working for the largest of companies doing software development management.

Is there a “tech hub” or “tech corridor” where these companies congregate, or are they scattered? If I can narrow it down at least then I can start looking for the nearest red county...
    Austin is a tech hub. Unfortunately, Austin has turned into a shithole.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Austin is a tech hub. Unfortunately, Austin has turned into a shithole.
    Not only is Travis county and Austin a shithole, it is bluer than most anywhere in USA. Seventy Two percent (72%) of Travis county voted for Biden. Think about that that is nearly 3 out of 4 people. The koolaide flows freely in this county.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    A lot of the IT related companies are in or near the Northern Dallas area. I would recommend avoiding the Dallas county area and live in the southwestern area of Collin County which is just north of Dallas that way you are not in the jurisdiction of the liberal city of Dallas but you can still easily get to Dallas county if the job you get ends up being there. Go to google maps and check out the layout of each of the counties and you will see what I am talking about. I have worked IT related jobs in the area and I am presently doing software technical support for proprietary software as there are those types of jobs available here as well.
    Very good advice as North Dallas, Plano, Allen, The Colony and McKinney have many IT related job listings and you can live in Collin County - a red county - instead Dallas County.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Very good advice as North Dallas, Plano, Allen, The Colony and McKinney have many IT related job listings and you can live in Collin County - a red county - instead Dallas County.

Yes, that's all true. I live and work in Plano in Collin County about 2 miles north of the Dallas county border so no worries about spending any extended time out of my county but if there was a good IT related job south of me I would consider it. I am pretty happy where I am at so no need to looking over there!

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    Yes, that's all true. I live and work in Plano in Collin County about 2 miles north of the Dallas county border so no worries about spending any extended time out of my county but if there was a good IT related job south of me I would consider it. I am pretty happy where I am at so no need to looking over there!
    Thanks very much for this info. This helps me narrow things down considerably.

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    Question for you if I may... Do the homes in the Dustin and Collin county area have basements? Is there some reason that the homes I see on Zillow don’t have basements? Thank you

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @Blue_State_Refugee

No modern homes in DFW with basements due to soil types and movement. There may be older homes somewhere. At least I'm not aware of any.

If you're worried about tornados you get a shelter. Some are steel structures under garages, not recommended incase house is collapsed ontop of you. Others are steel safe room type shelter rooms in the garage or parts of home secured to foundations or are built as small partially buried and back filled, coverd concrete structures in the yard somewhere.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @Blue_State_Refugee

Also be prepared for property taxes if you buy in most parts of DFW, texas really.. They are a bitch and a half. With no income tax, Texas seems to have ever political subdivision and school district dipping their fingers bigtime in your property. In my city of little elm on a 250 thousand dollar home with a P and I payment of say 1000 dollars, depending on interest, probably less right now since rates are under 3%, your taxes are 6 to 700 a month depending on city and school distict. Adjust accordingly to the value of the house. A little more for the insc.

Also be prepared for bidding wars and long searches. The markets in Denton and Collin counties are red hot. They are great places to live. I suggest Little Elm, Frisco or Prosper. All along the toll way, all growing, all real close to where you want to work and the tollway is built with nice side roads that are just as quick DURING RUSH HOUR if you dont want tolls.

Also deductibles for insurance are 1 or 2 percent of the value of the property. Due to being in tornado alley. All a real shocker to me coming from another state. My deductible was always 500 bucks in AZ.

I can refer a mortgage broker if you like. Made my last deal the simplest I ever did.

PM me is interested.

Last edited:

Blue_State_Refugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Washington, DC
    @Blue_State_Refugee

Also be prepared for bidding wars and long searches. The markets in Denton and Collin counties are red hot. They are great places to live. I suggest Little Elm, Frisco or Prosper. All along the toll way, all growing, all real close to where you want to work and the tollway is built with nice side roads that are just as quick DURING RUSH HOUR if you dont want tolls.

Also deductibles for insurance are 1 or 2 percent of the value of the property. Due to being in tornado alley. All a real shocker to me coming from another state. My deductible was always 500 bucks in AZ.

PM me is interested.
    Thank you very much, this is like gold. I live in the DCZ suburbs and have unbelievable high property tax (~7500/year). I’m hoping it will seem like a net plus to me not to have stated county taxes taken out of my paycheck. I’m also hoping property is cheaper (From what I can see it is. My current house is 4 miles north of the DC beltway, real estate here is crazy expensive).

Tornados, huh? Hmmmm... I hadn’t thought about that. I’m just used to having a basement to store junk in :-)

Tornados or not, I’m on my way as soon as I can find work. I’d rather risk a tornado than be in a blue hive during the coming festivities.

Again, thank you for this!!

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thank you very much, this is like gold. I live in the DCZ suburbs and have unbelievable high property tax (~7500/year). I’m hoping it will seem like a net plus to me not to have stated county taxes taken out of my paycheck. I’m also hoping property is cheaper (From what I can see it is. My current house is 4 miles north of the DC beltway, real estate here is crazy expensive).

Tornados, huh? Hmmmm... I hadn’t thought about that. I’m just used to having a basement to store junk in :-)

Tornados or not, I’m on my way as soon as I can find work. I’d rather risk a tornado than be in a blue hive during the coming festivities.

Again, thank you for this!!
    My brother just bought somewhere near DC. Told him he finally went to the dark side.

Top Bottom