• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Too bad I just spent the money on a real 10mm . But seriously. I had a hipoint pistol. It was a shooter but the draw backs were the single stack mags and that heavy slide.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I might get one just for shits and giggles. MSRP is $225.00 so it is likely that this may end up being the first new 10mm pistol that you can buy for less than $200 as I don't think that has ever happened before.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    2 boxes of ammo and you've exceeded the cost of the gun itself.

Laughing.gif

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Too bad I just spent the money on a real 10mm . But seriously. I had a hipoint pistol. It was a shooter but the draw backs were the single stack mags and that heavy slide.

On the plus side you don't need an anchor for the boat or the horse n buggy.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Might be ugly, BUT if it is reliable, then this is a very CHEAP truck gun, bury in the ground for CW2. Provide as a weapon for your SHTF group, ETC.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Might be ugly, BUT if it is reliable, then this is a very CHEAP truck gun, bury in the ground for CW2. Provide as a weapon for your SHTF group, ETC.
    A blowback 10mm isn't what I'd be handing out to people who have likely never handled a gun.

Burying a hi point is reasonable. Even better if the land ends up as a Walmart parking lot.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I know a couple of people who own Hi Points. They say they're reliable even though crude, and have a lifetime guarantee. I've been tempted to get one of their carbines in 10mm.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I've seen some Hipoint torture tests on youtube. There's a guy out there that just flat tries to wear a 9mm out. Peeps, running over in the mud, shoots it with another gun. The things just keeps firing. Ugly as a gorilla's behind hole, but that danged thing kept shooting. Says a lot about the central design.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I've seen some Hipoint torture tests on youtube. There's a guy out there that just flat tries to wear a 9mm out. Peeps, running over in the mud, shoots it with another gun. The things just keeps firing. Ugly as a gorilla's behind hole, but that danged thing kept shooting. Says a lot about the central design.
    I remember seeing where someone threaded a bolt in the barrel and shot it and the thing still worked right afterwards. I think they welded a barrel shut and that finally did it in.

As I recall there was another guy torture testing one and it took all his abuse until he threw the pistol and the frame broke on impact.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I remember seeing where someone threaded a bolt in the barrel and shot it and the thing still worked right afterwards. I think they welded a barrel shut and that finally did it in.

As I recall there was another guy torture testing one and it took all his abuse until he threw the pistol and the frame broke on impact.

I don’t know what “pot metal” actually is- but it ain’t a forging. Just make it bigger, heavier, and uglier and it’ll run. Show me a 1911 Nighthawk that you can run a few hot Peeps through that will continue to shoot. I might have to buy one of these in 45 AARP (apologies to Toddnjoyce).

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    That was demolition ranch, iirc. He shot the pistol the barrel hood/chamber with a .22 where the gun is the strongest.

It's a blowback pistol, so technically as long as the barrel can hold the pressure it will cycle, for example I've seen a guy shoot 7-8 rounds through a keltec sub 2000 and they all got stuck in the barrel, and it could have kept going.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom