• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Some areas around a red dwarf system are habitable depending on distance from the star. Of course this is theoretical since man has never set foot on a planet other than our own besides the moon.

How cool would that be though to have found another habitable planet? It could start a new space race and a new generation of junior astronaut's.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    didnt they also just say we have another moon or sun rotating around or system? i remember it being on the wire a few months back.

You're thinking of the "12th" Planet or Planet X. Other than the translations from ancient tablets that say its out there, no astronomers are seeing it, yet.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    You're thinking of the "12th" Planet or Planet X. Other than the translations from ancient tablets that say its out there, no astronomers are seeing it, yet.

ill have to see if i can find an article about it. i swear they said they discovered it while looking at something else and it was only revealed through some process.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    didnt they also just say we have another moon or sun rotating around or system? i remember it being on the wire a few months back.

Earth has one other confirmed natural satellite and one that has yet to be confirmed. That might be what you are talking about. The one that was confirmed is named Cruithne.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Some areas around a red dwarf system are habitable depending on distance from the star. Of course this is theoretical since man has never set foot on a planet other than our own besides the moon.

How cool would that be though to have found another habitable planet? It could start a new space race and a new generation of junior astronaut's.

the moon isn't a planet....

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red dwarf star system.
    Not conducive for life.

Maybe they'll name the planet Krypton?

Red Dwarf?!?

12309-new-mega-earth-found-reddwarfpa_450x300.jpg

I haven't thought of that show for years!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    lmao... I love Red Dwarf

GJ 667Cc: that's a really cool discovery. Interestingly, even though it is 4.5 times bigger than earth, it's believed to be less dense. So the gravity on it may only be 1.3-1.7 times earth gravity. We could potentially go stand on this rock!

There's some gravitational anomalies in the ort cloud that suggest there is a "planet X" or possibly even the sun having a very small companion star (most starts in the universe are binary pairs), but neither have been observed. There's something else out there but no one knows what yet.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom