• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Was looking for a place that catered to Texan shooters. Well I reckon this would be the place. Sorta a no-brainer huh? :)
    Been shooting since 1958. Reloading since '60. Yup, I'm an old guy. Don't know much about the real new weapons but was an armorer in the army and my police department with my own business on the side as a dealer and gunsmith. Got outta the business when all the guns started being made of plastic. Warned ya, I'm old. Ha!

Been retired for some time now. Live in the woods with my own range cut through the trees. 100m bench is 35ft from my back door. Shoot whenever I like and no range fees. Like old single and double action revolvers and the 1911A1. A rifle or two, and of course a 12ga loaded with 00 buck. Was called Buckshot by most of the officers I worked with as I carried a shotgun into "tense situations" as they say... Always got a 12ga handy to this day. Old habit I guess huh?

Ok, enough about my ancient history. Looking forward to some good conversation. Meeting folks here. And most of all learning new things. My contributions will likely be about older weapons and loading. I'd like to learn the new stuff. Well that's it for now. Like many older folk, I tend to get long winded. I'll stop now before I wear out my welcome.
    Thanks for having me here.
    Wade
    Military Camp

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    I thank you all for the warm welcome. :)
    Think I've found a home...
    Not the sharpest tool in the shed with computers [there's a laptop in my woods with some 45 holes in it] but I'll try to do my best with my "smartypants phone".

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welcome aboard Wade. Lots of old guys in here, and lots of us that love the old revolvers.

Check out the search feature. Lots of good old threads out there in cyberland.

Buckshot Wade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Sounds like a plan. I'll do some research.
    I load old school cast rounds that were declared obsolete last millennium but I have fun.

Gentlemen, I'm looking forward to being here.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome. Nothing wrong with what you are reloading.

And we ain't old. The damn punk kids just ain't old enough to know any better.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Welcome. I'm in the Piney Woods area as well and my range is just slightly of my back door, only goes to 50yrds though. If ya ever need a shooting partner, give me a buzz :D

Top Bottom