New Member From West Virginia

model70man

Dec 27, 2008
Hello folks. I'm obviously new here but I am not new to Texas. I spent 1968 through 1970 at Fort Bliss. I loved Texas and hope to return to visit soon since I am not getting any younger. I am a lifelong firearms and hunting enthusiast. I love the state of Texas and invite all Texans to visit West Virginia. Thanks...

BeNotAfraid

Jul 15, 2008
Red River, Texas
HOWDY, friend!

I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods, when I lived up in O-hi-o.

We shot a lot of high-power matches along the River as well as up at the Alliance Rifle Club, outside Canton.

Whew! You Mountaineers sure do know how to handle .30/06 and Garands! ...shot the pants off me in the matches!

model70man

Dec 27, 2008
New Member Reply

HOWDY, friend!

I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods, when I lived up in O-hi-o.

We shot a lot of high-power matches along the River as well as up at the Alliance Rifle Club, outside Canton.

Whew! You Mountaineers sure do know how to handle .30/06 and Garands! ...shot the pants off me in the matches!
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we do love our rifles, almost as much as Texans. I still have a few Garands myself and just got finished with restocking a salt wood Browning Safari in .30-06. All the best friend...

BeNotAfraid

Jul 15, 2008
Red River, Texas
.30/06 Rules!

I hear ya, brother!

...just something about the "authority" of the .30/06.

ya just can't argue with it. plus, it reloads like a dream and you can put just about any pill you want on it: from a 55gr "accelerator" to a 220 grain!

HOORAY for .30/06!

model70man

Dec 27, 2008
Fort Bliss

Thank you Sir. I would like to see Fort Bliss again. I was 20 years old then and am now 60. It was a great duty station with great people in El Paso. Thanks...

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio
I took my basic training at Ft. Bliss. I'd like to go back since I never got to see the nice part of it! I had a great view of the Franklin Mountains from the barracks window.
Welcome aboard. How did you find the site?

model70man

Dec 27, 2008
I took my basic training at Ft. Bliss. I'd like to go back since I never got to see the nice part of it! I had a great view of the Franklin Mountains from the barracks window.
Welcome aboard. How did you find the site?
Hello. I found the site by doing a Google search for firearms forums. I know how much Texans love their firearms so I thought I would register. I have bought some nice rifles out of Texas over the years.

I spent most of my time in Bldg. 2444 at Fort Bliss. I was in the 507th, 509th and 333rd Artillery, Bldg. 2444. I also took AIT there. My MOS was 16 Bravo and I made Spec. 5 while there. Later was transferred to A/2/52 at Everglades Nat'l Park, FL. I loved the Franklin Mountains. I also spent time at McGregor Range and Dona Ana.

Thanks...

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics