• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrookeCooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hello everyone!!! I am new here so it may take a little time for me to get used to the forum style of things. My family, we are from the Dallas, Texas area and have always been here. Started teaching our kids about gun safety and the Texas gun laws. My son came up with this great idea to help young kids to have better knowledge of guns and the safety that is involved when shooting or just plainly being around them! He started a YouTube channel called TeachemYoung15 where he will be making posts of what he knows about the guns he will be shooting with his dad Toby. He will be showing that keeping that finger off the trigger until ready to shoot and remembering to always keep gun pointed down range is a huge safety concern when it comes to kids his age. He is 9 and wants kids to join him on spreading the word on gun safety at a young age!!!! So go to his YouTube channel TeachemYoung15 and subscribe and enjoy his videos. Show your kids, friends and family! He wants to for every toy he shoots and gets to blow up with tannerite, HE WILL DONATE A TOY TO THE CHILDREN IN NEED!!!! Sounds like a great deal to me :) So please support him in what he wants to show the World. The First video has been posted and there will be more to come soon!!! Subscribe and leave comments on anything we can do to make the channel more exciting or if you have suggestions on what you want him to shoot!! Thanks!!!
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Using the top @15% of rolled hay is not a sufficient backstop for 9mm guns, particularly when you're espousing safety.

And 3 threads on the same subject is not really necessary. :)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who is "he"? The boy or the dad?

I am a little busy now but have spent some time on a few vids. You won't get what you want but just recording range trips. A decent video will take work and planning. You will also need some basic adoring software and an understanding of how to use it.

Also, don't make so many threads on the same subject. You won't be able to keep up with them and most of us will get tired of trying as well.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Who is "he"? The boy or the dad?

I am a little busy now but have spent some time on a few vids. You won't get what you want but just recording range trips. A decent video will take work and planning. You will also need some basic adoring software and an understanding of how to use it.

Also, don't make so many threads on the same subject. You won't be able to keep up with them and most of us will get tired of trying as well.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Thank you. :)

BrookeCooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    It's the boy Colton. He wanted to start him a Facebook page and a YouTube channel for kids. He has not seen many channel for children on youtube talking about guns. The first video is just a beginner video but we will start doing more and posting as much as possible. He also will be starting archery classes, so will be posting videos too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think you need to slow down a bit and make a plan. As I mentioned above, if you just charge in without knowing what you intend to accomplish in each video you will be setting yourself (or him) up for failure.

The Internet is a brutal place people will pounce on oversights, especially if it's a safety oversight in a video promoting safety.

Make a goal for the video, the lesson plan or what not. Start at the beginning, basic stuff, what you would teach a person on their first range trip. Know how the scenes will unfold and have at least a rough script. Do as many takes as needed. Spend hours editing if that's what it takes, then post.

Also, make sure the video posted here is at minimum set as "unlisted" and possibly even "private". Or just delete it. It's not what you want your viewers to see.

If recommend sticking to rimfire until the viewers get to know you.

Also, discuss the safety measures take. At the beginning of EVERY video. From ear pro to backstop. And PLEASE get a better backstop. I realize it may be wide open for 2000 yards then a mountain with nobody in between, it's possible, and it may be a relatively safe area, but you don't want to send the message that your current setup should be considered an adequate backstop.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Where is his eye protection? Where was the safety message you talked about?

Using the top @15% of rolled hay is not a sufficient backstop for 9mm guns, particularly when you're espousing safety.

Those were my thoughts too when watching the video, won't be suggesting his site for any gun safety information.

Top Bottom