• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    There's a few new ones popping up around Dallas.

a693481b-323b-40cd.jpg

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Good. Every religion should have a place of their own to meet and worship peacefully. Not all Muslims are radicalized and I know several from the East Texas area who are good solid members of their community.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Good. Every religion should have a place of their own to meet and worship peacefully. Not all Muslims are radicalized and I know several from the East Texas area who are good solid members of their community.

Yeah, that's the thing. Alot of people think all Muslims are bad, and that a mosque in their town is something to be weary of. The fact is Islam (whether we like it or not), is the fastest growing religion on the planet. And only a small group of them are radical extremists.

The thing that bothers me about it, however, is the fact that some very high ranking members of our government seem to be giving preferential treatment to Muslims, while shunning or even mocking Christians, all the while claiming to be Christian.

Then there's this:

DOJ Official Refuses to Affirm 1st Amendment Rights In House Hearing - 7/27/12 - YouTube

The thing is....which religion do you think they were referring to? Obviously someone in high places has entertained the idea of banning speech against a particular religion, or this conversation would have never taken place. Hmm....I wonder what religion that is....can't be Christianity, that's for sure.

So I don't think it's an issue of Muslims being bad because of their religion (although some things in Middle Eastern culture I don't personally agree with, but it doesn't directly affect me so that's their business).

But more an issue of the Muslim intolerance of the early 21st century following 9/11, which manifested into wars, which manifested into Anti American, Anti Bush/Republican, Anti Christian sentiment being heard/seen much more commonly in the USA, and has now gone damn near full circle from Muslim intolerance, to Christian intolerance and Muslim sympathizing. If you ask me, I'd say there's a strong movement going on, all in an indirect (in most cases...DIRECT in some) effort to flush out the Christian population, basically exile them or come as close to it as possible. There will be no sympathizers there protecting us (when I say "us", I am classifying myself as Christian, although I've never really been very religious...but if someone asks me what religion, yes sir, I'm a Christian) when Christian intolerance turns into hatred towards Christians.

So unless some kind of common ground can be found, I do see social/cultural problems in American communities in the future. Not sure to what extent the problems will be, but all I can say is Christians will find themselves on the defensive more and more as time goes on, if it stays the way it is.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

Wish they were closer to your house and further from mine.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm in agreement every religion should have a place to !!!!PEACEFULLY!!!!! practice their beliefs as long as it coincides with the law.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Man why would you even start a thread like this? Do you post a thread everytime a Baptist, Methodist or Catholic church is built near your precious neighborhood?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Really gettin out there on this one Okie, IBTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just sayin...

IBTL

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Just sayin...

IBTL

Thanks for reminding us of that. Unfortunately, the Executive Branch is the one in control of this country right now, and yes, it is illegal. But who's stopping them? Not Congress that's for damn sure. Obama just passed some Executive Order today in fact, enabling him to bypass Senate for something (I can't remember what it was...but it was basically him writing down on a piece of paper, that he doesn't have to answer to Congress YET AGAIN, for something that every president before him has).

Of course these things are unconstitutional, illegal, and should be dealt with accordingly. But are they? Not at all. So if nobody is holding them accountable, they will do whatever they want. I would not put it past them to try and implement such legislation in the next 4 or so years if re elected. And although this would be a clear violation of the 1st Amendment, they'd still do it, or damn sure try. And it would would take some serious political haggling to stop them. Don't forget that just 9 months ago, Obama signed the NDAA, with the indefinite detention of Americans provision that HE added in at the last minute....the fact that it even got as far as being written on paper, is pretty scary if you ask me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom