• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dickttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I have been scouting out gunshops in the area, and yesterday I went to a town about 30 miles from where I live, but almost never have occasion to go there.
    Pretty much a dud, but, I walked into a downtown pawn and asked it they had any guns. The guy said down a couple of counters.
    Didn't see anything too interesting till I looked in the corner of the bottom shelf.
    Didn't know anything about them, but there was a High Standard Sport-King with both a 4 1/2 and a 6 3/4 barrels. Made an offer of $400 OTD, he whispered to the manager a few seconds and said OK. Brought it home and ran swabs thru the barrels and shot 50 rounds thru each barrell. Grouped better than my 617, 10 shot.
    Did a search and found that it was made in 1951/1953 range.
    Did a field strip and cleaned what I could last nite, then put another 50 thru each barrel this morning. Very nice trigger. A little creep, than bam. I need to find instructions on how to take it completely down, still a lot og grunge.
    Holster wear on both barrels and one side of the slide, but not bad, Just a couple of very small chips in the plastic grips.
    I have never had a .22 auto before. I am going to like it.
    Only reference so far is GB. About the same as I paid, or a little less, for either the 4 1/2 of 6 3/4 barrel, but only one listed with both barrels. It is nicer than mine and has the box and all documents it came with. Wanting $695 for it.
    Gun Zone Deals

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Okay, I'm confused....if you're trying to sell it, you're in the wrong cat....

I don't think he is trying to sell it. I believe he means that the only two barrel High Standard he has found to compare his Sport King to was a model GB that was selling for $695.

$400 was a good buy...........now show us pictures!;)

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    The sport king is a god one....I got a first edition a while back with both barrels.... one of the barrels was still in the original brown paper.
    I think I paid <$300 no papers.... Looks nice next to the citation.

dickttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    The short barrel on mine doesn't want to feed or fire anything I have tried to put thru it. However, the long barrel likes Federal 550 bulk real well. The trigger is very good. Really like shooting it. Between it and my S&W 617, I like the one I am currently shooting the best.
    I recently addid a speed loader and 100 round block for the 617. It is now much faster to load now.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom