• ...and so much more!
  • charliefrye333

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    Howdy all,
    I’ve been on here since 2012.
    Eating popcorn and rolling on the floor.
    Never really had a reason to sound off untill
    Today on the Austin city council 40% raise thread. Couldn’t let that go by….the bastards.
    Anyway, I’m originally from (born) Lonestar TX
    Behind the pine curtain. I live in Manor TX
    But was annexed by Austin for the tax$$.
    Moved down here for the work. Hope to retire in
    3-5 years and get the H$ll out of here and back
    Up there.
    I’m a M14/M1A & 1911 guy. (My Favorites). And a little of this and that. Thanks for having me.
    I’m a proud Texan and a patriotic American.
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Welcome to TGT.

welcome4.jpeg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Howdy all,
    I’ve been on here since 2012.
    Eating popcorn and rolling on the floor.
    Never really had a reason to sound off untill
    Today on the Austin city council 40% raise thread. Couldn’t let that go by….the bastards.
    Anyway, I’m originally from (born) Lonestar TX
    Behind the pine curtain. I live in Manor TX
    But was annexed by Austin for the tax$$.
    Moved down here for the work. Hope to retire in
    3-5 years and get the H$ll out of here and back
    Up there.
    I’m a M14/M1A & 1911 guy. (My Favorites). And a little of this and that. Thanks for having me.
    I’m a proud Texan and a patriotic American.
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lone Star, Texas, where the steel mill is (was?) I had applied for a job there, even had the being naked on a table CT Scan from all angles. The day I was supposed to start work they had a layoff and very glad. I was still employed by telco and almost quit them to satisfy my second "ex in Tex" and her Dad, move to east Texas they said. I totally lucked out, stayed and retired with telco and lost the crazy Ex somewhere along the way. Is the mill still there? Do you plan to live in Longview, etc? Heck they're all neighbors down there. Sister has a place on private lake in Avinger.. East Texas = God's country.

charliefrye333

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lone Star, Texas, where the steel mill is (was?) I had applied for a job there, even had the being naked on a table CT Scan from all angles. The day I was supposed to start work they had a layoff and very glad. I was still employed by telco and almost quit them to satisfy my second "ex in Tex" and her Dad, move to east Texas they said. I totally lucked out, stayed and retired with telco and lost the crazy Ex somewhere along the way. Is the mill still there? Do you plan to live in Longview, etc? Heck they're all neighbors down there. Sister has a place on private lake in Avinger.. East Texas = God's country.
    Hi Sarge,
    Yes sir that is the place. I was born in the hospital in the pines, a couple miles up 259 from the mill. Cheap Japanese steel and unions killed the mill. My stepfather worked out there w/ KBR during a shutdown during a strike.
    Welding up in a superstructure and could hear
    Ping, ping, ping. Ricochets from union shooting at them! That was the last time it was operational? In the late 70s-80s?
    You are right! It is gods country. Just no jobs.
    I plan on going north, probably closer to Oklahoma. Property is a little cheaper up that way. The rest of my family is scattered out from Palestine to Texarkana.
    Thanks for the post, not many folks get up that deep in the pines.

Top Bottom