Capitol Armory ad

New Poll - Hahahahaha..... I ain't lyin'!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The poll, link posted below, states that the decline in sports viewers and the massive drop in television rating are: Not due to political activism by the players on the field. That article is followed by one that states definitively that the earth is not round.

Texas SOT

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Nobody polled me or I would have told them that I canceled season tickets after 11 years and have not watched a single NFL game because of their politics.
    That being said, I got home from sea yesterday and had to watch the 'Stros. I'm still pissed at MLB, but its October Baseball. What can I say.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That Marist polling company is worthless - obviously a Leftist shill. I saw a poll from them the other day where they had partnered with NPR and were announcing that Biden had opened up a wide gap, leading Trump in several "battleground" states. I took special note of that name, Marist, because I couldn't believe even NPR would lend their name to such an outrageous claim. It was referred to as the NPR/Marist poll.

Polling companies live and die by how accurate they are - at least historically. Nowadays, polling companies are just paid propagandist. And Marist is most certainly just propagandist!

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I was a huge college and NFL football fan. I swore off of it this year. Haven’t watched a single second of it, and don’t have any idea of who is winning and who is losing.

And I don’t miss it one bit. Screw those spoiled brats. I love freeing up my Saturdays and Sundays.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    In the past when times were bad, it was sports that kept people distracted and gave them some hope. The Yankees playing after Sept. 11, the New Orleans Saints getting back in the Superdome after Katrina, and lots of other examples. But this year, they went full communist and gave up any integrity they might have had just to please some spoiled, over-paid, over-privileged jocks. It's a sad thing, but they rammed it down our throats in such a way that I've found it easy to avoid watching the games or supporting them in any way.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Does the NFL make any money off the fact that football is available with my cable package?

No, I do not have any sports package.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Does the NFL make any money off the fact that football is available with my cable package?

No, I do not have any sports package.

Yup, your bill is divvied-up and distributed to the channels in your package, whether or not you watch the channels.

Crappy channels that no one watches are basically subsidized by their inclusion in a package. It’s the reason why we don’t have a la carte choices for the channels we get...tons of channels would disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yup, your bill is divvied-up and distributed to the channels in your package, whether or not you watch the channels.

Crappy channels that no one watches are basically subsidized by their inclusion in a package. It’s the reason why we don’t have a la carte choices for the channels we get...tons of channels would disappear.

So, whether the game is watched, or not, they still get money?
    They typically are shown on local channels.
    I'm not going to exclude them just because of the NFL.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

This is why I dropped all cable.
    I couldn’t get the channels I wanted yet kept getting channels added that I had no intention of ever viewing.
    Ok then. Cancel everything.
    It’s been 15yrs and they’re still trying to get me to sign back up. LoL.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This is why I dropped all cable.
    I couldn’t get the channels I wanted yet kept getting channels added that I had no intention of ever viewing.
    Ok then. Cancel everything.
    It’s been 15yrs and they’re still trying to get me to sign back up. LoL.

Good article on channel costs here:

It says the average cable customer pays nearly $1,100 per year for channels they don’t even watch.

Top Bottom