• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My old model 49 has history. My American Bulldog chewed the grips & it what my wife ended her life with. Have not carried it since getting it back from the sheriffs office. I kinda have mixed feelings about it, but its got life scars that are a part of my life.

I kind of like what I’m seeing, I guess it all comes down to how much & when it is released.

I have been carrying my GLOCK 27 more since buying the holster off of here. With the country getting crazier I like that Glock with an extra magazine.

Who knows l might start to carry the AR pistol on my person.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    A few years back Charter Arms came out with a J frame clone named the Professional. It was a seven shot 32 H&R mag with a 3” barrel.
    While the idea was fantastic the gun itself was a turd. Junk really.
    I’ve always felt if S&W could build that same gun on a J frame they would have a winner. Chambering 32HR in a K frame with a long lugged barrel like they’ve done in the past is fail. The 32HR is a self defense cartridge not a hunting cartridge. It should be right at home in snubbie or 3” barrel gun.
    S&W already has the gun. That Model 60 .357 with the 3” barrel and adjustable sights. Simply change that to 32HR, give it a meltdown exterior and boom. Done. A scandium frame would he even better.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Mikey likes it:

This is an audio podcast - VERY in depth about this revolver....save it for in the car:

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I still carry my Model 37s. Mostly in the center console of the car but with a Wolff spring kit, they both are good CC revolvers. My 90 lb. wife cannot work a pistol slide so sometimes they are the way to go for us older folks.

Her first handgun was a brand new 1978 Ruger Security Six (still has it with a Wolff spring kit) so the SW model 37 is a good smaller carry gun.

I never had a 'hammerless' or 'spurless' handgun before so the 642 or 442 would be something to consider?

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    A few years back Charter Arms came out with a J frame clone named the Professional. It was a seven shot 32 H&R mag with a 3” barrel.
    While the idea was fantastic the gun itself was a turd. Junk really.
    I’ve always felt if S&W could build that same gun on a J frame they would have a winner. Chambering 32HR in a K frame with a long lugged barrel like they’ve done in the past is fail. The 32HR is a self defense cartridge not a hunting cartridge. It should be right at home in snubbie or 3” barrel gun.
    S&W already has the gun. That Model 60 .357 with the 3” barrel and adjustable sights. Simply change that to 32HR, give it a meltdown exterior and boom. Done. A scandium frame would he even better.
    Sometimes I wonder why I even like you at all, what with your love of Glocks and all.
    Then you go and write something like this and totally redeem yourself.

I wrote to Lipseys years ago begging for the 3” LCRx to be chambered in a 6 round 32 H&R or 327.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think a .30 Super Carry model with moonie clips would satisfy a certain crowd too…

Nah, God's Caliber is meant for the semi-automatic pistol, and eventually for semi-automatic and maybe fully automatic carbines. Wheel guns are old testament guns - semis are new testament material you know.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Nah, God's Caliber is meant for the semi-automatic pistol, and eventually for semi-automatic and maybe fully automatic carbines. Wheel guns are old testament guns - semis are new testament material you know.
    <>

The new Taurus Smith CLONE comes in .32FedMag, with a 26 or 28 round cylinder.

No ‘’clips’’ required.

They will have “quick change cylinders”; each ships with 4 cylinders.

<>

Top Bottom