• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Mon, 8/7/2023 front page above the fold (for those seasoned citizens who still read a printed newspaper) the subject line was the headline. Main point of the anti-2A paper is that guns bad, police shortage makes staffing tough, and state didn't give school districts $$$ to pay for armed personal.

The paper also wrote an editorial on this topic stating that this new law is bad thing for school districts. And I wrote the below to the editors.

The Dallas Morning News wrote: "The right response to last year's shooting rampage in Uvalde...would have been to pass commonsense gun restrictions to help ensure fewer firearms make it into our schools." What possible gun control law would stop a criminal from getting a gun and going to a 'gun free' zone to do harm? Criminals don't obey laws that's why they are criminals. You should be reporting on the situations where we learn a criminal went to one location and passed on it because of the armed party protecting others. A gun is not evil but a life-saving emergency rescue tool when carried by protectors at a TX school.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• training.jpg
      training.jpg
      124.9 KB · Views: 59
    • people.jpg
      people.jpg
      309.9 KB · Views: 59

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    BTW: for those ISDs lacking taxpayer money to pay for more police and/or school resource officers they could opt for the School Marshall program.

With the passage of the Texas School Marshal Program/ School Safety Certification, Texas now allows educational organizations to place specific, trained, hand picked employees to safely carry firearms on their person.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Now I will be famous for 15 minutes. Drum roll please :drummer::peace::weights:

The Dallas Morning News published my letter above in the Opinion Section for Sun 8/13/2023.
    I ran down to the grocery store, they had the usual stack of unpurchased papers from yesterday.
    As it took me over 1/2 hour to get there and back I give you 30 minutes of fame. GOOD WORK!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’ve discussed this issue w/ other Grandparents. Many of us would volunteer to provide school security if the shifts were 3 hours or less, and if we could be armed with modern carbines or light rifles.

The laws purporting to promote “school safety” actually make them much more dangerous.

<>

Top Bottom