• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What "facts", West Texas? We have a noted Republican stating that the Dems are planning to increase your taxes immediately after the elections so if you don't vote Republican then you're in big trouble. Thinking about this objectively, which many on this board don't do, it sounds a little fishy. It's not a matter of keeping things stirred up, it just doesn't add up. Republicans are running scared right now and they don't have any serious candidates for 2012. I'm just trying to encourage people to be a little more objective in the things they hear about. Particularly when that source is a lobyist group who's leader is buddy-buddy with a lot of Washington neo-cons.

It would seem to me that if this were seriously going to go down the way it is supposed to that the neo-cons would simply let it happen and then campaign in 2012 on a tax-reform platform to oust the Dems from the White House. It just sounds like short-term 2010 election "vote Republican" BS to me. Speaking objectively.
    CW,
    I think the facts he is speaking of is that these taxes ARE going into effect. Im not sure how anyone can argue that. It is a matter of record. Now...are the Repubs on the defensive for the last 2 years? of course. But these taxes are real. Left, Right, or Libertarian, you will have to pay them. I haven't seen anyone saying that "you taxes are going up if you dont vote for me". Jan. 1 is a hard date.
    I bash Republicans for the crap they do all the time, but just dont see anything here other than someone posting factual info on tax increases that are about to take place from a president that said taxes will not go up for "the vast majority of Americans". He lied. Not a whole lot to debate here.
    Texas SOT

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm not saying it will or will not happen, but the timing of it is fishy. Where are these taxes printed on government documents? This is the first I've heard of it. During election season, no less. Is there a link to this on like an IRS.gov page or anything like that where I can read about it?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think the timing is just because we are approaching the Jan 1 deadline when it takes place. It also happens to be an election year. I will look for a link for you when I get to work.....

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I'm not saying it will or will not happen, but the timing of it is fishy. Where are these taxes printed on government documents? This is the first I've heard of it. During election season, no less. Is there a link to this on like an IRS.gov page or anything like that where I can read about it?

Not everything is a conspiracy...just the way the "sunset" clause fell for some of the Bush tax cuts...but the most disturbing are the ones that were passed while the POTUS LIED about them.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Health Care Law and W-2 Forms | FactCheck.org

It sounds to me like some of this stems from another one of those Republican generated email chains not unlike the one claiming that Obama plans to charge combat wounded veterans for medical care.

Look CW, for every single site you can pull up to try to defend your postion, I can take you to the WRITTEN LAW showing that the statements made are true. The LATEST place that you claim to dispute the facts of the tax laws and what is WRITTEN IN THE FREAKING BILL is a site that was started by the Annenberg Public Policy Center, another LIBERAL BASED organization that is intent on following the lead of your POTUS and if not out right lying about the facts, then shading them just enough so as to make them appear something they are not.

You spend all of this time trying to find SOMETHING to discredit ANYTHING that does not agree with your "moderate libititarian" views that you consistantly MISS the facts. Try finding them for a change, not someone elses opinion on the internet that you say you don't beleive...unless it supports YOUR postion...but the FACTS. Copies of the Bills AS WRITTEN. They are available on line.

If you would like, my tax attorney charges 350.00 per hour. I'll have him add it to my bill, and you can get all of the information along with copies of the laws and multiple ways to check them out. But SHOULD you decide to take me up on the offer, you will agree to state PUBLICLY that you were wrong, and to never again speak out questioning facts that you've not even bothered to check out for yourself.

Oh, and by the way, Obama did state, ON CAMERA, that maybe military SHOULD pay for thier own medical. It never made it in to the bill, but the idea was floated and quickly shot down.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Health Care Law and W-2 Forms | FactCheck.org

It sounds to me like some of this stems from another one of those Republican generated email chains not unlike the one claiming that Obama plans to charge combat wounded veterans for medical care.

Although an opinion piece, I tend to believe most of what the Wall Street Journal puts out. Some of the increase take place Jan1, some not until 2013. But EVERYONE will feel it. Even those in the lower tax brackets.

You can't spend boat loads of money giving everyone health care et al, without getting that money from someplace. Anyone that believes the expenditures will be offset by efficiencies (yeah, government run program effcient?) is delusional. We can't borrow any more. The feds could print some more, but we all know what that brings. And even if the Republicans gain control of congress come November, they will not be able to undo this. So hang on to your wallet.

Arthur Laffer: Tax Hikes and the 2011 Economic Collapse - WSJ.com

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    So if he said it, post the video.

Oh wait... you can't. What a coincedence.

You know, in the digital age NOTHING goes away. Do you know how much the government would like to make the Wikileaks Afghanistan papers go away? Once something is on the Internet it's there forever. The flipside to that is television. Everyone and their brother has a TiVO or DVD-R recording device of some kind so anything that is on TV never goes away either. It's there forever. Being as that some reclusive Republican sitting in his basement recording Obama audio and video to play it backwards while wearing his tin foil hat and masturbating to Rush Limbaugh hasn't posted it all over the Internet and allowed it to go viral -- it never happened.

That aside, I'm not saying that these taxes are or are not going to happen. I'd just like a more credible source than the one provided. It isn't a fact. Yet.

For $350.00 an hour I'd tell you anything you want to hear or see too. Seriously, though. I'm not asking you to get your attorney to find some obscure refrence to whatever it is that states that all these taxes are going into effect. I'd just like to hear it directly from the IRS on their website. That would suffice.

Why do you make this into something about being right or wrong? I just think more people should be objective about these things until a credible source is provided.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You can't spend boat loads of money giving everyone health care et al, without getting that money from someplace. Anyone that believes the expenditures will be offset by efficiencies (yeah, government run program effcient?) is delusional. We can't borrow any more. The feds could print some more, but we all know what that brings. And even if the Republicans gain control of congress come November, they will not be able to undo this. So hang on to your wallet.

I'm in total agreement there.

I'll give the WSJ a read-over, thanks!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    So if he said it, post the video.

Oh wait... you can't. What a coincedence.

You know, in the digital age NOTHING goes away. Do you know how much the government would like to make the Wikileaks Afghanistan papers go away? Once something is on the Internet it's there forever. The flipside to that is television. Everyone and their brother has a TiVO or DVD-R recording device of some kind so anything that is on TV never goes away either. It's there forever. Being as that some reclusive Republican sitting in his basement recording Obama audio and video to play it backwards while wearing his tin foil hat and masturbating to Rush Limbaugh hasn't posted it all over the Internet and allowed it to go viral -- it never happened.

That aside, I'm not saying that these taxes are or are not going to happen. I'd just like a more credible source than the one provided. It isn't a fact. Yet.

For $350.00 an hour I'd tell you anything you want to hear or see too. Seriously, though. I'm not asking you to get your attorney to find some obscure refrence to whatever it is that states that all these taxes are going into effect. I'd just like to hear it directly from the IRS on their website. That would suffice.

Why do you make this into something about being right or wrong? I just think more people should be objective about these things until a credible source is provided.

You are so totallly clueless. you think that's what people do, pay professionals to tell them what they want to hear, when what they are telling will cost me more money in taxes? No, I pay him to SAVE me money. I pay him to dig through all of the crap that comes out of DC, and to know the laws and the codes and how they will effect me personally as well as my businesses and investments...but before THAT can be done, you have to know what you are fighting, and if there IS a way to save money.

I think an attitude of "more people should be objective" has led to people ignoring facts to the point of this country being in the mess it is in. As for the credible source, I just tried to give you one and you refused it. It also happens to be the source for the info that started this thread.

The more you speak on the subject, the more you show your own ignorance and unwillingness to admit that you not only don't know, but don't care, what the facts are.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    What "facts", West Texas? We have a noted Republican stating that the Dems are planning to increase your taxes immediately after the elections so if you don't vote Republican then you're in big trouble. Thinking about this objectively, which many on this board don't do, it sounds a little fishy. It's not a matter of keeping things stirred up, it just doesn't add up. Republicans are running scared right now and they don't have any serious candidates for 2012. I'm just trying to encourage people to be a little more objective in the things they hear about. Particularly when that source is a lobyist group who's leader is buddy-buddy with a lot of Washington neo-cons.

It would seem to me that if this were seriously going to go down the way it is supposed to that the neo-cons would simply let it happen and then campaign in 2012 on a tax-reform platform to oust the Dems from the White House. It just sounds like short-term 2010 election "vote Republican" BS to me. Speaking objectively.

Talk about willful blindness!!!!! WOW, just WOW!!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You are so totallly clueless. you think that's what people do, pay professionals to tell them what they want to hear, when what they are telling will cost me more money in taxes? No, I pay him to SAVE me money.

It's called: A joke. Maybe you've heard of them?

See, the issue here is that you love to be "right" on an issue. To me it's a non-issue all together, I don't have an opinion on the matter because I don't have the facts. Facts, is the key word here. I have drivel from a right-wing website and I suppose drivel from a left-wing website responding. Unless I've missed something in the thead entirely the only credible source I've seen so far is the Wall Street Journal and even that doesn't mention the draconion garbage that your initial post alleges that is going to happen on January 1st. Theres nothing for me to be right or wrong about because I have no opinion being as that I can't FORMULATE an opinion for a lack of hard facts on the matter.

The only FACT is that Bush's temporary tax cut will expire in the new year and taxes will increase again.

Why are you resorting to insults? Are you really so immature that you can't carry on an adult conversation without getting bent out of shape that I don't believe things I read simply because they are on the Internet? I certainly haven't resorted to insults.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GURUNANDA9
    Top Bottom