• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    My wife and I recently bought a home in Liberty Hill, but I have yet to sleep a night in it since I'm in Kandahar at the moment. We moved from northern MN. I'm an ex-Army guy that is currently contracting over here due to the crappy economy. Since I am going to be home on R&R the first two weeks of January, are there any good ranges in the Austin area?

Derek
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    Welcome. I'm in Houston but have shot at Reds South once and it was a good experience. It was a Monday which is ladies day so the wife's range fee was half price, $7, and gun rental for her was free, you just have to purchase their ammo for the rental.

nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    I took advantage of EOtech's $50 mail in coupon and bought a 557 AR223 for Xmas with the .223 ballistic matching reticle image for the M4 carbine. Ends up being $464 after rebate. Rebate is good for purchases through 12/31/2010. It has the circle/dot reticle with a series of 1 MOA aiming dots that are vertically aligned and calibrated specifically for the ballistic drop of .223 caliber ammunition. The reticle provides 4 aiming dots for target distances of 0-300m, 400m, 500m, and 600m. Going to mount it on my Robinson XCR so I was looking for a place to shoot it. Thanks folks...I'll definitely be out on the range to exercise my toys.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dave is right, Best of the West shooting range is right there in Liberty Hill and is an awesome place. First two weeks in January Derek? What if we setup a range day for the 8th or 15th? Would that work for you? How does that sound to everyone else? Then maybe BBQ after that? Give you guys a proper Texas welcome. ;) Let me know and I'll set it up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom