• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    While Texas Guns Shows shows are not as good or big as the SAXET ones, I did see where they will have one this weekend, 8-9 Jan, at a new venue (at least for them), the Alzafar Shrine Temple (901 N. Loop 1604 W) in Stone Oak.

This is the same location where SAXET holds shows about twice a year, in addition to the monthly one at the SA Event Center.

Doors open at 9:00 on Saturday, 10:00 on Sunday, entry is $7 but you can get a dollar off coupon off their web site: http://texasgunshows.net/GeneralAdmission.aspx

Parking is usually free.

We're most likely going Saturday morning, as there is a 60% chance of rain so it's a good way to pass the time. We'll be hitting the IHOP at 1604 & 281 about 8:00 for breakfast if anyone's interested in joining us.

Cheers! M2
    Gun Zone Deals

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    It is generally smaller than SAXET, but I will more than likely come out. MMM, let me know if your plans change. I'm planning on meeting you and your son for breakfast.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It is generally smaller than SAXET, but I will more than likely come out. MMM, let me know if your plans change. I'm planning on meeting you and your son for breakfast.

Cool! Hope to see you there! We'll most likely have PFChardin with us as well, I talked with him the other night and he was very interested in going...

Cheers! M2

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I will probably show up for this one. Meeting an old buddy that I haven't seen since 2003 for drinks Friday night, so I'm sure I won't make the 8AM IHOP breakfast.
    I'll probably crawl in there about noon or so. Looking forward to it! :patriot:

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Never been to a Texas Gun Show shingding so I think I will check it out. I am in the market for a 9mm to use as a carry, I doubt I will buy anything at a show but its always fun to look!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm looking for an AR lower. Going to do my first build. Anyone have an extra laying around that they want to sell? Would rather my $$ go to a TGT member.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Not a bad little show, some crazy prices though. Was gonna buy some SD ammo, but passed. Had some retard put a laser dot form a crimson trace pistol on the back of my girlfriends head and almost had a indecent there, couple deep breaths and out the door we went.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not a bad little show, some crazy prices though. Was gonna buy some SD ammo, but passed. Had some retard put a laser dot form a crimson trace pistol on the back of my girlfriends head and almost had a indecent there, couple deep breaths and out the door we went.

An 'incident' or an 'indecent?' Honestly, it could go either way!

We went, having breakfast at IHOP beforehand. Had some friends from work, and one other person from this forum (PFChardin) join us and it was an enjoyable morning. Bought a .45 ACP round key chain (the bullet is from WWII) and a spam can of Romanian 7.62x39 ammo from Alamo Ammo. I could have beaten the price online, but the guys at Alamo Ammo are always friendly (had one give me a 7.62x54R spam can opener for free, and those are hard to come by) and they are a local business so I like to support them when I can.

We also ran into several vendors who weren't set up at the show but who were "reconnoitering" it. I think they wanted to see how the show was being run and how good the turnout was before they committed. As such, there was a fairly slim selection of actual firearm sellers there; more knives, beef jerky and all that other stuff. There was one dealer in the middle that had a decent selection and prices (the one with the Yugo M72 RPK), but for the most part I wasn't overly impressed with the show. Much like the Floresville show, it's better than some of the other TGS shows I've been to but pales greatly compared to the monthly SAXET one.

I heard at the show that SAXET "lost" that venue (Alzafar Shrine Temple) and that TGS was going to try and pick it up. Based on this morning's crowd, they might be able to pull it off but TGS will always lag behind SAXET when it comes to the venues they put on. Today wasn't a complete flop, but it wasn't exciting enough to get my to come back anytime soon either. The highlight was having a great group of people at breakfast and to hang out with at the show, but the show itself was very underwhelming.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Crap! Glad you're OK, sorry about the bike (and your 'Droid!).

I just read the details on SAR, good thing you had all the gear on!

Call Jim Adler or one of those other ambulance chasers and sue the everliving shit out of that asshole drunk!

And you didn't miss much at the show, maybe you can make the SAXET one the first weekend in February!

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom