• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Well - as promised, I left San Marcos just after 11 and "crawled" in there at about noon.

I agree that the show was VERY underwhelming. I left there disappointed. There was a lot more trinkets and such than actual weapons. I kinda felt like I was at a really cool flea market that had a few guns, than at an actual gun show. ...and this is from someone who has NEVER been to a gun show.
    That's right! This was my first gun show ever!

I don't think I'll go back tomorrow. It just wasn't worth the trip, in my opinion. I'd be happy to hear suggestions from others for better gun shows that I can attend in the future.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Well - as promised, I left San Marcos just after 11 and "crawled" in there at about noon.

I agree that the show was VERY underwhelming. I left there disappointed. There was a lot more trinkets and such than actual weapons. I kinda felt like I was at a really cool flea market that had a few guns, than at an actual gun show. ...and this is from someone who has NEVER been to a gun show.

I don't think I'll go back tomorrow. It just wasn't worth the trip, in my opinion. I'd be happy to hear suggestions from others for better gun shows that I can attend in the future.

Welcome to the world of the gun show....lots of freaks, some guns (most overpriced) and a few good deals if you scrounge long enough. I go about one\ce a year to remember why I dont go.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Plan to attend the monthly SAXET show in San Antonio, the next one is 5-6 Feb. More info can be found here, but TGS is not known for having very good shows so it's not surprising that you were disappointed. The SAXET show is much, much bigger and while there are still a lot of knives, beef jerky, jewelry tables there are a heck of a lot more guns as well, to include some big vendors (such as AJC Sports).

I usually try to post about a week before the show, just to remind folks on here. We only went to the show today as it was the first TGS show at this venue; but like you we weren't overly impressed. There used to be a SAXET show at the same location and the entire building was full of vendors, plus the tables were much closer together so there was a lot more of them in there. Sure, it means things are a bit cramped once it gets crowded; but at least there are guns and accessories to look at!

Cheers! M2

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went as well and was underwhelmed with the amount of guns actually for sale. I am looking forward to the one next month. That being said, I snagged a decent deal on some 5.56 ammo, as well as a few PMAGS (which were marked at retail price, at least i did not have to pay for shipping). Also got to meet some great people at the IHOP.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I might have bought that Remington Rand 1911 at that one table, but they never gave me a price and started talking to each other (blatantly ignoring me) right in front of me. That really pissed me off. I just walked away and went and looked at some other junk. One other table had a Krag that had been sporterized (BOO!!!) and a Eddystone M1917 who's bolt looked far more worn that the rest of the rifle. I saw a K98K at another table that was probably refinished, if even original at all (I noted how pretty it looked and didn't even pick it up).
    Honestly, the two things that held my interest the most yesterday weren't even firearms at all. One was that 1910 Bolo knife at the one table, and the Spanish American War era canteen at another table across from it.

Making plans for Saxet RIGHT now! :cool:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom