• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity1015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Just moved here a month ago. In Louisiana I was a long-time member of Bayou Shooter Forums. I posted there a bit and made a few buys/sells there. USMC Vet from back in the day, worked in law enforcement a bit and a few other places. I will be shooting here, probably training as well. Keeping the saw sharp helps when you need to cut wood.

Looks like you got a nice place here.

Semper Fi,

Gravity

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the range map is very helpful.
    I don't think every linked range is shown on the map. The member who was updating the map hasn't been around for over a year. However, I don't know of any new facilities close to your zip code so the point's probably moot.

Just a note - If you're planning on looking for a club membership, Bayou Rifles is closest to you. It's a pretty traditional place. If you're looking for a club with looser rules, you'll have to travel further out.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Just moved here a month ago. In Louisiana I was a long-time member of Bayou Shooter Forums. I posted there a bit and made a few buys/sells there. USMC Vet from back in the day, worked in law enforcement a bit and a few other places. I will be shooting here, probably training as well. Keeping the saw sharp helps when you need to cut wood.

Looks like you got a nice place here.

Semper Fi,

Gravity
    "Bayou shooter" was taken over by a bunch of real idiots years back which ruined it. This site is much, much better. No intimidation from Mods here.

I have spent years in Houston, several times in life. As quality of life in most Louisiana cities has declined, H-town has improved despite mega-growth.

First off, cost of living is lower. Second, it is much easier to travel and to get things done.

It is a good idea to learn your area's high-traffic times and how to avoid them.

I wish to Hell that I'd still be in Houston!

I didn't participate in local shooting, as I'm a long-time member of a small town range about an hour to the SW out off US59.

Oh, REAL "Cajun Food"is only available at the two Floyd's locations still run by the original guy: NASA RD 1 @ Gulf FWY, and the new one at Sugar Land near where HWY 6 crosses US59 SW FWY.

leVieux
    Saint Martin Parish, LA

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    "
    Oh, REAL "Cajun Food"is only available at the two Floyd's locations still run by the original guy: NASA RD 1 @ Gulf FWY, and the new one at Sugar Land near where HWY 6 crosses US59 SW FWY.

Saint Martin Parish, LA

Yep, although haven't been there for a while, Floyd's was about as close as it gets to the real thing in Texas last time I went ... pas mal.
    Taso and andouille for the cook are available at Hebert's Specialty Meat at two locations, although never been a big fan of Hebert's andouille, better than none if you need it fast.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yep, although haven't been there for a while, Floyd's was about as close as it gets to the real thing in Texas last time I went ... pas mal.
    Taso and andouille for the cook are available at Hebert's Specialty Meat at two locations, although never been a big fan of Hebert's andouille, better than none if you need it fast.
    We found the Hebert's on Richmond or Alabama to be virtually useless. Very good fresh-daily Cajun boudin is available at "Robert's Market" in western Orange, Texas. leVieux

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Semper Fi, Brother. My “back in the day” was ‘88-‘92.

I lived in different parts of Louisiana in my life. We moved to the Houston area from LA in 2009.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom