• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    One of my Rolls Royce customers called me today and told me that he got one of the Beretta 81 (Aim Surplus) and should have it on Saturday.

I feel 'left-out!'

motorcarman,

BEST WISHES to your customer. = ALL of the Model 81 pistols that any of our members (of what my lady calls "The OF's Breakfast Club". - We are all over 65 & retired from the US Armed Forces.) who have bought/received one or more are PLEASED with the condition, including a CSM, who bought a "deeply discounted" pistol (I think that the CSM said that he paid about 150.oo including S&H) that was said to have a "well-worn finish".
    (He showed the little pistol to us & it DOES have pretty significant "holster wear" and about 10-15% of the bluing MIA. -Internally, his little 81BB is FLAWLESS.)

I suspect that I'm going to end up refinishing it for him with GLOSS BLACK Appliance Paint, as he likes the 2 that I've redone with SEMI-GLOSS but said that he wished that it was more "glossy".

Note to All: IF you have the option with the vendor that you are ordering from, ASK for an Model 81BB, as Beretta made numerous "running improvements" over the period when these pistols were built.
    (The Model 81BB does FINE with JHP, as it is properly ramped to feed/chamber JHP.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Just got a email from DK Firearms yesterday that the Grade "C" level 81 are on sale for $179.99. Super nice price if someone is interested in one.

As usual, I got it after I ordered my standard grade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Just got a email from DK Firearms yesterday that the Grade "C" level 81 are on sale for $179.99. Super nice price if someone is interested in one.

As usual, I got it after I ordered my standard grade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Y'all typed me into it!!!!!!
    I just ordered 2 of the grade 'C' for $179 each with shipping included.
    I just got off the phone with my FFL01 guy for the transfer.
    DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    motorcarman,

The Model 1951 is a REALLY NICE handgun. - You did FINE, imVho.

I'm tempted to order one of the C&R ones, too, as one of the other OF here in SA tells me that a LOT of the available Italian Navy guns were NEVER issued & just sat in a depot or arms room aboard ship or on landside..

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I hope the grade C are not too ugly. I can just strip and refinish if they are.

bob

motorcarman,

The ONLY "grade C" bought by a local/retired CSM that I've ever seen was BADLY holster (probably 15-20 % of the finish was GONE.) worn BUT nearly MINT inside.

I'm considering ordering a "Grade C" from the same vendor that sold the CSM's piece (IF they have any more?), with the intent to do a complete disassembly & refinishing.
    (I think the CSM said 150.oo including free S&H.)

yours, satx

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Not a classic but at least a .32acp.

Attachments

• P32.jpg
      P32.jpg
      173.6 KB · Views: 211

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Please post pics of your new Italian cuties when they arrive.
    Model 81a.JPG
    Model 81b.JPG

One has a corroded spot on the trigger guard and the other has a pitted slide.
    They seem to function properly. I will test fire and see.
    The bottom one is the one that came WITHOUT a magazine. (not happy)

Attachments

• Model 81a.JPG
      Model 81a.JPG
      121 KB · Views: 546
    • Model 81b.JPG
      Model 81b.JPG
      110 KB · Views: 659

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    View attachment 184005 View attachment 184006

I hope they take care of you. I let these guys talk me into buying one also. It will be at my FFL on Tuesday. I've been looking for mags and can't find any. It would really suck if you had to buy one for a gun that is supposed to come with one. Best of luck.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I hope they take care of you. I let these guys talk me into buying one also. It will be at my FFL on Tuesday. I've been looking for mags and can't find any. It would really suck if you had to buy one for a gun that is supposed to come with one. Best of luck.

You guys don't look very hard, they sell them directly from beretta. They're 50 dollars each. They're out of stock but they go in stock semi regularly and usually sell out within 24 hours.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-81-81b-81bb-81f-81fs-magazine-32-auto-12-rd/c85888/

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    View attachment 184005 View attachment 184006

motorcarman,

Have you called & emailed the vendor that you bought it from to tell the vendor that they failed to send a magazine with one of the pistols??

My GUESS is that the vendor will IMMEDIATELY send out the magazine & W/O cost.

Btw, my "little" brother got his pair of Model 81 pistols on last Wednesday AM at the FFL. = He said last night that BOTH pistols are really NICE & have swallowed every sort of ammo that he tried in them on Friday.- At least 200 rounds of factory & HOT handloads in each one.

yours, satx

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Got a hold of DK and they are shipping one magazine out to me. It apparently got left behind when they tested the model 81.

The Grade C is still in pretty good shape. I thought they would be REALLY CORRODED. I did buy some Grade C stuff from SAMCO GLOBAL ARMS years ago and they were REALLY rusted.

These were actually average looking.

bob

Top Bottom