• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Last Saturday I was in Houston on business and found out about the gunshow over in Pasadena. I have gotten to where I dont go to gunshows any more since the prices are usually way out there and most vendors wont deal. I happen to have my customized stainless Taurus PT-1911 in the trunk so I took it inside hopeing to find something I could trade for and not get raped too badly. After making the whole show and not really finding anything that I just could not live without, I had a guy ask me about my Taurus. I opened the case and showed it to him. I could tell he liked it and I saw a gently used Delta Elite on his table. He asked what I wanted for the Taurus and I said I was wanting to trade it off for another project gun. He said if you like 1911's I have a nice Delta Elite in 10mm. I kinda himhawed around for a while and he finally made me a deal I could not pass up, so I broke the gun down and inspected it. Looked great, slide to frame fit was tight and barrel lockup was like a new gun. I made the trade and am now the owner of my second Colt 1911. I stopped by the range on the way home with some 180gr. Hornady Flat Point ammo. The gun shoots to point of aim and I was able to group 5 shots inside 2" at 15 yards free hand. At 25 yards the group doubled in size and I had a couple of flyers that opened it up to a little over 5". It fed the ammo without a hitch and I fieldstriped it after I had put 50 rounds through it. This gun has a plastic guide rod that the spring shaft is smaller than the standard government guide rod. Reason is it has a smaller spring. That spring has a normal diameter spring that fits over it. I have never seen this configuration before and the two together make you really put some force into pulling back the slide. I really like the neoprene black wrap around grips with the Delta logo in them. They are kind of tacky feeling which I really like especially since there is no checkering. I also fit a new STI non-ambi Extended Thumb Safety....I really dislike the others.
    DE1-1.jpg

DE2-1.jpg
    Target Sports

chuckybrown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Wow, what a great find/trade. I'd be happy if I were you!

A while back a co-worker of mine had one of those, and it was a joy to shoot!

Now, go get you a Galco shoulder rig, and some "Sonny Crockett" threads, and you're good to go!

Really.....I'm jealous, what a great gun...hold onto it!

Top Bottom