• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Putnum County will be sued over this, and I hope like hell the county and by default the residents, prevail.
    Yeah, more than likely the Urinal News will file a FOIA request in court. Maybe the county could argue that the records shouldn't be made public due to safety concerns of the named registrants, but they are public records as the law currently stands. This will be an interesting one to watch, especially if this is escalated through the courts.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, more than likely the Urinal News will file a FOIA request in court. Maybe the county could argue that the records shouldn't be made public due to safety concerns of the named registrants, but they are public records as the law currently stands. This will be an interesting one to watch, especially if this is escalated through the courts.

That's why state legislators, no matter WHAT state, need to enact laws that protect the private citizen/gun owner. Nevada has done so, so there won't be any stories like this about Nevada newspapers releasing this information,. Of course there's always the leaks but those are less likely in a state where the "gun culture" is mostly accepted and supported by the population.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    How about somebody publish the names on a website frequented by crazy people, the addresses and any other personal information they can obtain about those that work for that newspaper? They could post pictures of their houses, their wives or husbands, their children, their pets or whatever.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

Attachments

• Texas_100.jpg
      Texas_100.jpg
      2.9 KB · Views: 118

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    still waiting for a response from Journal News. i sent this letter to all employees:

Journal News Employees

Dear Journal News Employees,

Subject: Thank You!

Thank you for your recent online publication of addresses and other personal info
    on gun owners in your own counties. This will make the job of terrorists and evil-
    doers so much easier for many reasons, which you are already probably aware of.
    In case you overlooked any, allow me to enlighten you.

Firstly, by publishing all the homes with guns, you have clearly shown those who
    wish to harm innocent human beings to achieve an agenda, exactly which homes to
    target. Ex: If I wanted to rob a home, I could simply check your publication to see if
    it was safe for me to do so.

Secondly, you have given citizens an incentive to not get a CHL or register their
    guns. This way, the law-abiding citizens are now punished for being responsible.
    Thanks to what you’ve done, more people will be less likely to register or even get a
    license to carry.

I’m sure with your journalistic expertise, you’ve decided these benefits outweighed
    any doubt you had in publishing this info. I applaud your efforts to put innocent
    human beings in harm’s way. Keep up the good work.

With Gratitude,

Alex Ong, Texan

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I'm pretty used to seeing weird things. Hell, I actually own two human skulls (real), if that isn't bizarre enough. My bedroom looks like the junk closet of P.T. Barnum's American Museum.

But I can't for the life of me figure out why their banner is a picture of some hipster asshole with a cockroach on his face.

Top Bottom