• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Hello from H Town! I’m a new gun owner, not sure why I waited until I was 48 to do it, but I figured it was better to be a first timer at 48, than to be 49 and not have the right! Hunted as a kid with my grandpa and uncles, but I haven’t shot a gun in a long time. I had been looking at getting the Ruger AR, for a while, so I went ahead and purchased it a couple days ago. Went in to the local big name gun shop, filled out the paperwork, paid for the gun, then when they ran the background check it came back “delayed”! I thought for sure the ATF was gonna storm my house because I had done something wrong! But I got a call the next afternoon that I got the “proceed” and I could pick it up. I haven’t had any time off to go back to the range, but hopefully this Sunday I can make it. Any recommendations on good ammo for the range? I had planned on the Wolf Gold. I’ve seen good reviews and the price seems ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

With ammo I guess depends on if you treat your rifle like a tool or safe queen...lol. I shoot steel cased ammo at the range & stock pile the brass stuff.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    orig.gif

Attachments

• orig.gif
      orig.gif
      5.6 KB · Views: 198

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

With ammo I guess depends on if you treat your rifle like a tool or safe queen...lol. I shoot steel cased ammo at the range & stock pile the brass stuff.

Thank you. I guess I’ve been thinking too much and reading about how steel case ammo can decrease barrell life, and that some ranges don’t allow steel cased ammo. But with the price difference in ammo I can buy a new barrell!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Thank you. I guess I’ve been thinking too much and reading about how steel case ammo can decrease barrell life, and that some ranges don’t allow steel cased ammo. But with the price difference in ammo I can buy a new barrell!

I have never heard of a range that doesn't allow steel case ammo only no steel penetrator type bullets and such. I use whatever goes bang for the most part.

Fosty 2.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2019
    Austin
    Welcome to forum!
    I was going to buy one of Rugers AR pistols the other week. Unfortunately I need that money for a truck

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom