• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I was in Houston yesterday on business and stopped by a gunstore there just to look around. I found a combination Main Spring Housing/Magwell and a set of flat bottom grips as well for a 1911. I picked them up and last night took off the temporary magwell I had on. The temporary magwell, while well made, to me looked like a cheap add on. This one slid right in without any modification. It is an arched Main Spring Housing, and I usually prefer a flat housing, but this one feels good in my grip. I also like the way the grips also cover the Main Spring Housing Pin to give it a more finished look. Both items came out of Kimber packaging.
    IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg
    Military Camp

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Looks awsome. I think that Taurus 1911's are one of the most underrated 1911's on the market, but for what you get at the price these are very high value guns.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    That's a very handsome firearm you have there, tex45acp!
    Too bad they (like everybody else) has to use the slab side of the rail's as an advertisement. Otherwise i would own one.

Im not a gun snob but i just don't like all the writing on it... Same goes for the newer Smith & Wesson 1911's... Tomorrow I pick up a Dan Wesson and i love the beauty of the bare naked slide

I will say though, you have the best looking taurus ive seen

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Texas Bulldog,

Thank you ....I am very proud of how it turned out. I still have a few thing s that I want to do to it, other than shoot the crap out of it. I have grown very fond of this firearm but like you hate all the billboards on the slide. I have two ruger revolvers that I have taken all the billboard info off the barrels, I might just do the same with the Taurus.

tex45acp

Top Bottom