• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Found a unique one and almost let it go. Today I found a Mosin Nagant Rifle, Single shot, .22 cal. Had never heard of one until this one found its way into my hands. English markings, 11 inside a circle with what looks like PK and a 1 below the PK inside a diamond. Year is 1955. Anyone have info on where it was built or how I can find out more about it?
    ARJ Defense ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Re: Newest Moisin Nagant in the collection Single shot .22

It's a Polish WZ-48 trainer. It only looks like a Mosin on the outside.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

The bolt is definitely not accurate to the real deal either, and it's missing the internal mag which is the first thing I notice on mosins.

59d8b4a1757fe86cd539b1596d54b02a.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Pretty cool, most military bolt actions have .22 trainers available, even the German K98s.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Mosin purists will tell you the Wz48 is not a Mosin because it uses the same single shot action that was used by Poland prior to WW2 in their Mauser .22 training rifle; the sight and stock details were changed to resemble the Mosin. It is also a single shot, hence the lack of a magazine. Whether it is in the "Mosin family" is a topic of constant debate on 7.62x54R.net, since it is a trainer for the Mosin I consider it "related."

And Ted, who runs that site, also added it to the Mosin Nagant Master Model Reference (#79) because there was a lot of interest in this particular model (although he still thinks it isn't a Mosin). He was considering even giving them their own page, but that was over two years ago and so far I have yet to see it.

Its official designation is 5.6mm Karabinek Sportowy wz.48 (5.6mm kbks wz.48) and it was designed by Bohdan Szpaderski based on the Polish kbks wz.31, made before WW II. Weight is 8.4 lbs, length 44.5" and barrel length is 25". They are not known for being overly accurate. I have one, but have yet to shoot it.

Cheers! M2

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

I had a Springfield 1922 M2 that was a trainer for the 03 Springfield. It was a wonderful shooter but I foolishly traded it for a boat. Sigh...........

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

p.s. Could one of the mods correct the spelling of 'Mosin' in the title, please? It's driving me nuts!

Cheers! M2

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio

As others have said, not even RELATED to the Mosin line, except by external looks. Nice rifles, accurate enough for a trainer, but the trigger pull on mine is something else...creep and over travel is...well, noticeable. Haven't even looked at changing it, life's too short to rework everything!

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    LOL TY for all the info, Sorry about the spelling... Sometimes I type faster than I think... Ummm Most times I do things faster than I think... But again, thanks for all the info. True Mosin or not, it still has a place beside my others.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Mosin purists will tell you the Wz48 is not a Mosin because it uses the same single shot action that was used by Poland prior to WW2 in their Mauser .22 training rifle; the sight and stock details were changed to resemble the Mosin. It is also a single shot, hence the lack of a magazine. Whether it is in the "Mosin family" is a topic of constant debate on 7.62x54R.net, since it is a trainer for the Mosin I consider it "related."

And Ted, who runs that site, also added it to the Mosin Nagant Master Model Reference (#79) because there was a lot of interest in this particular model (although he still thinks it isn't a Mosin). He was considering even giving them their own page, but that was over two years ago and so far I have yet to see it.

Its official designation is 5.6mm Karabinek Sportowy wz.48 (5.6mm kbks wz.48) and it was designed by Bohdan Szpaderski based on the Polish kbks wz.31, made before WW II. Weight is 8.4 lbs, length 44.5" and barrel length is 25". They are not known for being overly accurate. I have one, but have yet to shoot it.

Cheers! M2

"Related" in that it's meant to support the Mosin's use, yes. But it's definitely not a Mosin, since it wasn't designed by, and isn't based on a design of Sergei Mosin.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As far as I am concerned, it was built to train individuals for the Mosin, so I put it in the Mosin "family."

Sure, some will disagree; but I don't think it's a matter that will ever be resolved so if someone wants to include it, so be it!

Cheers! M2

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Thoughts that I have on it are as follows. There is lots of history where other companies developed training tools for another companies product. Not sure of why this was developed but it looks like it was developed for those who already had the mosin. Sitting on the rack besides the M44 and 91/30 it looks like it belongs. Doubt I will range test it much as the real ones are way more fun.

And just for grins, anyone have a clue as to what they are worth? or what you would pay for one?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    All matching numbers or no? If not, around $175; maybe $250 if so. At least that is what they're going for on GunBoards, there's a guy on there named Eric who has a pretty steady supply of them. He's where I got mine and it was in pristine condition albeit non-matching.

GunChoker is considerably higher, as usual.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom