• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That's a bite.................. but it could have been worse!

A lady friend went on a vacation and sometime during her absence, her ice maker line broke. When she returned, the kitchen had enough mold growing to make it resemble Jurassic Park! The floor covering curled up and the wallpaper peeled off. It was a major disaster.

Flash

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Many supply lines sold these days have what is called a "FloodSafe" connector.

Inexpensive ($20), five minute installation, and cheap insurance against that happening again.

Just watch your water pressure. If it is too high, it will trigger the floodsafe and water won't flow through it.
    To reset, simply turnoff the valve, disconnect the supply line, reattach supply line, turn valve back on.

If you have high water pressure, best bet, after installing, is turn the supply valve on slowly, and only half way.

Last edited:

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    it happened again yesterday, the fill pipe for the icemaker that goes thru the back of the freezer section keeps freezing sold, and the H20 has to go somewhere.

research on google says it could be the h20 valve or low H20 pressure...?

i have the water shut off to the icemaker now till i can get another valve to replace this one.

any idea on the cheapest/easiest way to check the pressure at the valve? it has great flow into a container.

Last edited:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I've been wanting to add wireless leak sensors at every water location in my house all tied to a whole-house auto-shut-off valve. That's cheaper and easier and cheaper than having an auto-shut-off valve on every single output... though less convenient if a leak is detected. At least I'll never get flooded... in theory.

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    more issues..

i came home for lunch today and the freezer was 37 deg inside, the fridge was 55 deg....

new fridge has been ordered. to be delivered on the 11-8th.. now to hope this one will last that long.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    more issues..

i came home for lunch today and the freezer was 37 deg inside, the fridge was 55 deg....

new fridge has been ordered. to be delivered on the 11-8th.. now to hope this one will last that long.
    No settings to devide the cooling?

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    yes, it was on max

i found the nameplate inside the fridge, it has a production date of 1990... i think its just outlived its usefulness... and like i said i rent this place and the fridge was in the house when i moved in.

at least now i will have a nice new efficient fridge that i can take with me if and when i decide to move from Bandera to Tuscon

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    yes, it was on max

i found the nameplate inside the fridge, it has a production date of 1990... i think its just outlived its usefulness... and like i said i rent this place and the fridge was in the house when i moved in.

at least now i will have a nice new efficient fridge that i can take with me if and when i decide to move from Bandera to Tuscon

Get that in writing from your landlord and have them dispose of the old one.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom