• ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Dude, you just had "inexpensive" and "nfa" in the same sentence. Lol

The first thing I would get is a suppressor on my AR. If you don't want that, get a side-by-side 12ga and cut it down really short.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Dude, you just had "inexpensive" and "nfa" in the same sentence. Lol

The first thing I would get is a suppressor on my AR. If you don't want that, get a side-by-side 12ga and cut it down really short.

damn! how do i delete a post?

subhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    tyler, TX
    90% of my customers start off with a 22 can to get started. Its the cheaper of the cans and never goes out of style. Doesn't matter what you get, Your screwed now.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    A zip gun. No one ever has those things, they can be had for as cheap as ~$300, and are an AOW so $5 stamp. About the cheapest way I know of.

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    SBR a Draco..... under $700 if its done right and you can do a little work to it yourself. (I only say that because that's what I want to do next)

.22 cans are cheaper to start with. But once you go NFA, you will pay, pay, pay........ So what does it really matter?

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    If and when you do buy a 5.56 suppressor, I'd highly recommend going with a 7.62 suppressor that will also fit your 5.56 flash hider. Two birds with one stone.

I've got the AAC 51T Blackout flash hider just for that reason. ;)

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Don't just chip at the ice, melt the whole damn ice cap and go head first with the biggest baddest item that fits your budget.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I looked at this a while back and the only way to save money is to do it all yourself. So what are you doing? A form 1 will run you $200.
    SBS. You can pick up a H&R for $100 or mosberg 500 / Remington 870 for about $200. Engraving will run about $30 and a replacement fiberoptic sight $20.
    Total on the build $450.

In an SBR an 11" ar15 lower will run you $450 and up. You could SBR a TC encore or contender frame and use pistol barrels but they cost as much as a "real" gun. Entry level rifles at Academy run $300-350 for a remington ADL. Then you have to send it to a gunsmith as cutting the barrel and recrowning is much more difficult than a shotty.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    The numbers on the AOW just don't add up. While a 870 can be found for $200 I could never find a pistol grip shotgun for less than $500. And most come with full length mag tubes which means you have to cut and move the barel lug. Not a problem if you can weld. I can't. It gets real expensive really fast.

The sawed off shotty is the king of the NFA build. Brileys here in Houston will install chokes in SBS shotguns but I never found one was needed. At 30 yds a shotgun with a 12" barrel seems to shoot a 4" pattern. That's plenty for my needs.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Another vote for a .22 can. I didn't go cheap for my first can (Silencerco .22Sparrow) but you'll never use any NFA item as much as you'll use a .22 suppressor. Best bang (or lack thereof) for your buck. I've probably got more rounds through my can in the last 6 months since I got it than the rest of my guns combined. And I shoot at least 3 USPSA matches a month; sometimes as many as 7.

Top Bottom