• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robbo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    DFW
    I bought all my NFA stuff when I lived in Oklahoma.

We moved down here a little over a year ago. Since I have everything I've ever wanted in that realm I haven't really gotten to know about any dealers in the area.

My wife and I will very soon be doing what we've wanted to for a long time now, move from our suburban house onto some acres... so I've now moved into "gathering funds mode" therefore would like to sell off the NFA collection.

I am sad to see it go... but think it will be worth it for the opportunity to go shoot all the REST of my guns any time I want by stepping out the back door vs. the 45 min drive I take now to get to the fun range that I like haha.

At any rate, was just wondering if you all had feedback on good shops/dealers to check out in the DFW area who would be in the market to buy some NFA items. Due to the timeframe I'm thinking that will be my best route to try and get rid of it all at once.

Specifically we are South of Arlington so somewhere in either Ft. Worth OR Dallas will work. Both are equally accessible to me.

Thanks in advance.
    Rob
    Venture Surplus ad

sgtjab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    dallas
    andrew at atwell tactical

heck what do you have maybe he can broker (or whatever he has to do to transfer it) something I could buy!

Robbo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    DFW
    Thanks for the link baboon. Want to check with dealers as we may end up in a "need to sell them all fast" situation if our purchase becomes a "go" vs. waiting for individuals to want each gun.

Thanks for the point in the right direction sgtjab.

Appreciate it,
    Rob

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    2 excellent dealers in the DFW area are Nick Tilotta at Western Firearms, Grapevine:

Class III Weapon Sales

And Steave Wayman, who works out of DFW Gun Range, Mockingbird Lane, Dallas. I've dealt with both, and they are both honest and reliable.

Also, the Cheaper than Dirt showroom on loop 820 W in Ft. Worth is an FFL/SOT, can buy and deal NFA, although their inventory at any given time is not large. But they WILL buy.

If you want the best price and aren't in a hurry, I'd absolutely recommend you sell them yourself either on Sturm or Tom Bower's SUBGUNS classifieds. The latter especially sees a TON of traffic.

Swede

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Ft. Worth
    Would you happen to have a mini uzi?

Me? No, I snagged a standard Uzi back when they were doing "group buys" for $2800 each. Apparently, Vector was (for a time) converting standard to minis, but I've always been leery of that. It sounds like one of those things where the BATFE might one day decide "not cool" and declare them contraband or something.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    The trend I see on Sturm is if you price it for slighly less than market value you'll get in sold in a couple of days, and you'll still get more than what a Dealer will offer you.

Top Bottom