Hurley's Gold

NFA Trusts - How long can one expect to sit down with a lawyer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I have seen it argued that it is worth the extra money to sit down with a lawyer and have them do the NFA Trust for you instead of trying to do one using Quicken's legal software. What I haven't seen is the cost associated with things like that. I've seen lawyers charge over $350/hr in some instances, so I'm curious how long a person would have to actually sit down with a lawyer to get them to draft up a NFA Trust so I can get some kinda of idea what it'll cost.

Also, does anyone know of a San Antonio area lawyer that specializes in this kind of thing?
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sean took my info and hammered out the trust in no time at all. If it takes over an hour I'd look into another lawyer. I'd just deal with Sean. He's an NFA owner, lawyer, etc.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Is Sean the fellow on this forum based out of Houston?

Edit: Left the topic and checked the banner which answered my own question. Thanks, Texas1911. :)

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i paid $450.00 - took less than an hour of sit down time - the Trust was drafted and reviewed before I went to sit down and actually sign and ask silly questions.

Sean Cody is on this forum and resides here in Houston, Tx

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Yes I am.

How much sit down time do you want or need?

I spend the amount of time necessary to do the job and answer questions. Its often spread out over days and weeks.

Sometimes is less, sometimes its more.

It depends on the client and what the client needs. This isn't a quicken trust and the service isn't quicken level service either.

NBgunslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    I have seen it argued that it is worth the extra money to sit down with a lawyer and have them do the NFA Trust for you instead of trying to do one using Quicken's legal software. What I haven't seen is the cost associated with things like that. I've seen lawyers charge over $350/hr in some instances, so I'm curious how long a person would have to actually sit down with a lawyer to get them to draft up a NFA Trust so I can get some kinda of idea what it'll cost.

Also, does anyone know of a San Antonio area lawyer that specializes in this kind of thing?

My FFL in Seguin does it for $50. It works every time.

Top Bottom