• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    What would be the possibility of the NFA being lifted. If we fought hard enough you think it could happen? Would YOU support it.
    Just imagine being able to buy M-16s at your local Wal-Mart. At the very least new guns should be open for registration.
    Texas SOT

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Somewhere between slim and not a chance in hell. If you have not noticed, we are in the fight of our lives for our 2nd rights, and the other side is getting stronger and better organized courtesy of the media. I can see the headlines now for any politician foolish enough to suggest it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What would be the possibility of the NFA being lifted. If we fought hard enough you think it could happen? Would YOU support it.
    Just imagine being able to buy M-16s at your local Wal-Mart. At the very least new guns should be open for registration.

Every year, NFA laws are being loosened up at the state level. That is a good sign. It is a long way to getting back MGS, but I think getting silencers and SBR off NFA is achievable.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    The Three Percent in 1775: by Sipsey Street Irregulars
    During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King’s tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders’ Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.
    The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders’ Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic
    We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.
    To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.
    Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.​[/COLOR]

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We'd have to chip at it, just like the antis do with gun rights.

Start by characterizing muzzle mufflers as "useful safety equipment" instead of "evil things used by spies." Work from there.

Every time the antis ask for "compromise" gun legislation, ask for a piece of the NFA (again, I'd start with suppressors) or the GCA68 or the bad parts of FOPA in return for cooperating in the compromise. They won't go for it...but if they did, we might be able to replace onerous laws with inconvenient ones.

That's a step in the right direction.

(And no, it's not intellectually honest but it's the way the antis have gained so much ground in their fight against freedom over the last century.)

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    We should get the NRA on this. I like the compromise idea though. They ban the AR-15. We get Automatic M-4s

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The antis would never take a compromise deal in which we gained anything.
    Their idea of compromise is they get half of what they were asking for and in return we lose half as much as they asked for.

They just come back for the other half later.

It's time to dig in. Don't give another inch. Start educating people on what these guns and the different parts do.

Renaming them is actually a pretty good idea. What politician would recommend banning a " muzzle safety device". Even if it saved just one child it would be worth having.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The usual suspects in congress are trying to ban guns that merely LOOK like MGs.

What do you think the odds are they'll unregulate the real deal?

Not going to happen unless something miraculous happens in the courts, and that won't. Not with the recent ruling that congress can pass a tax on any activity or even no activity at all. That's all the NFA is, a tax, and the SCOTUS ruled anything goes as long as congress calls it a tax.

alaska1996

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Why are we letting them do this? Do we not have our own say so in government? We need to act together and get those people out of control before a civil war starts. I don't know how much more anti gun I can take. I feel at the rate were going its inevitable.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I really don't look forward to shooting the antis (that would be a waste of precious resources). I feel at the rate were going its inevitable.

The real question is why have you not been banned yet?

I've seen you make similar statements in the past. Note to you: we are not all idiots just waiting to shoot someone.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why are we letting them do this? Do we not have our own say so in government? We need to act together and get those people out of control before a civil war starts. I don't know how much more anti gun I can take.

This post is suspicious.

Maybe it's the missing apostrophe but I don't think so. There's something else strange about it.

Edit: I went back and looked over your posts. The banning comment is probably way overboard.

I'm guessing based on a couple other posts and your username that you're maybe 17. Close?

I would say it's good to have some young folks here but may want to cool your jets a little. You are representing the gun community and we are under constant scrutiny by antis for anything they can use to say we are rabid, violent, racist, right wingers.

They want the world to believe these things. If you wouldn't mind editing your post. I see the sentiment and give the benefit of the doubt that you don't actually mean it the way it sounds.

We are in a huge battle right now with no end in sight just to keep our rights from being infringed even further. It's a process of baby steps and you're talking about traveling across the country.

Maybe post an introduction and tell us a little more about yourself.

Last edited:

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    Our biggest problem is that we have an uneducated public whose only experience with firearms is what they see in Hollywood and the news media and the anti-gunners take advantage of that ignorance. Remember, it was only 20 something years ago that they banned semi-automatic "Assault weapons" and we lucky that that ban expired in 2004 but in this day and age of mass shootings, terrorism, government intrusions of our rights, and a media hell bent on demonizing us, there is no way in hell the NFA will be repealed. We wouldn't even get the Hughes amendment repealed.

Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    Our biggest problem is that we have an uneducated public whose only experience with firearms is what they see in Hollywood and the news media and the anti-gunners take advantage of that ignorance. Remember, it was only 20 something years ago that they banned semi-automatic "Assault weapons" and we lucky that that ban expired in 2004 but in this day and age of mass shootings, terrorism, government intrusions of our rights, and a media hell bent on demonizing us, there is no way in hell the NFA will be repealed. We wouldn't even get the Hughes amendment repealed.
    Well said!!!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The more we need them, the less likely we are to have (legal) access to them.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom