• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Has anyone done this?

I keep getting a delay on NICS check that usually results in no determination after 3 days (really 5).

Has anyone filed the application with the USDOJ? I am contemplating this. I have an EXTREMELY common name, and more than once have been accused of providing a fake name, which is what I think is causing the excessive delays. Never been denied.

And NO, a Texas CHL is not an option for me.

(Non violent misdemeanor in deferment from 4 years ago).

So, does anyone have a UPIN? How long does it take? Any other comments?
    ARJ Defense ad

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    I always got delayed. Did a trust and bought a suppressor on form 4, sent in my paperwork, got it back, and boom, no more delay. Buy a NFA item. At least I'm hoping that put me on a whitelist.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I get a hold most of the time but it always gets a proceed after a few minutes and after the FFL is transferred to a 2nd ATF operator. I considered getting one, but chose not to seeing as it doesn't take but a few extra minutes. If you do, please keep us updated.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I get a hold most of the time but it always gets a proceed after a few minutes and after the FFL is transferred to a 2nd ATF operator. I considered getting one, but chose not to seeing as it doesn't take but a few extra minutes. If you do, please keep us updated.

Get a unique personal identification number "UPIN" from the Department of Justice.
    You just call the FBI # 1-877-324-6427 and let it go till someone picks up and ask for customer service for UPIN info.

They will take your info and mail you a package to fill out and a finger print card to take to your local sherriffs office to
    be printed and make sure that office put their stamp on it or its no good.

You send the paperwork and finger prints after making sure you signed the back of your paperwork so they can process it and it can take 30 to 150 days depending on the individual

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Get a unique personal identification number "UPIN" from the Department of Justice.
    You just call the FBI # 1-877-324-6427 and let it go till someone picks up and ask for customer service for UPIN info.

They will take your info and mail you a package to fill out and a finger print card to take to your local sherriffs office to

You send the paperwork and finger prints after making sure you signed the back of your paperwork so they can process it and it can take 30 to 150 days depending on the individual

OP was looking for advice on whether anyone has gotten one. I'm fine, but thanks.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW

The packet can be filled out and printed online along with the fingerprint card.

Printed it off last night, but the local PD was already "closed". I don't know if Tarrant County Sheriff will do them. I may just have to have FWPD do them... I'll probably be stuck at work all day today, mitt have a little time tomorrow.

I'll go through the process and keep everyone updated on how things go.

bjo71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    I get delayed occasionally as well and it is so random. It seems that it occurs during busy NICS times like at a weekend gun show or at 5PM on a Friday at an LGS.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I get delayed occasionally as well and it is so random. It seems that it occurs during busy NICS times like at a weekend gun show or at 5PM on a Friday at an LGS.

That's why it's a mystery to me. Why would some of us get a hold sometimes and not always???

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    The packet can be filled out and printed online along with the fingerprint card.

Printed it off last night, but the local PD was already "closed". I don't know if Tarrant County Sheriff will do them. I may just have to have FWPD do them... I'll probably be stuck at work all day today, mitt have a little time tomorrow.

I'll go through the process and keep everyone updated on how things go.

There is nothing to it. I got one several years ago. Was getting delayed every purchase.

Have not been delayed since.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom