• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMB1970

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Carrollton, GA
    Hi, I'm visiting you guys because a discovered a scam ad on gunbroker using one of your members old ad info. I don't have the ability to message them so please pass this on to Jigo23.

Capitol Armory ad

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up! I notified Gunbroker of the fraudulent ad in their site. Yeah scammers suck and need to be prosecuted!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How do you know it's a scam? The pictures are the same but is it possible that a 2017 listing was sold and ended up on gunbroker?

oops, seller just joined gunbroker, no reviews, my bad.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    How do you know it's a scam? The pictures are the same but is it possible that a 2017 listing was sold and ended up on gunbroker?

oops, seller just joined gunbroker, no reviews, my bad.
    Yep plus the poster of that ad claims to have bought it new in Jan ‘17 which they obviously did not since my ad wasn’t listed here til Dec ‘17. This seems to be happening a lot lately across many forums, either by scumbags taking advantage of the huge uptick in gun purchases and lack of available inventory out there, or a concerted effort to shut down online sales of guns between individuals. Gunbroker had always done a good job weeding out the scammers but seem to be slacking now.

JMB1970

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Carrollton, GA
    This person is wearing you guys out.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I filed additional reports with Gunbroker. It appears that the (nonexistent) STI has already been sold for $1400 so somebody is in the process of being ripped off at this very moment.

I sure hope Gunbroker gets off dead center and bans that scammer asap.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And another...and another......

The last one he didn't cut the first letter off of the description in his haste to scam.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OK, I filed another report with GB. I hope they're getting to the right place. If anybody is better with GB than I am, check me on this: I'm going to the Help Center, clicking "Submit a Request", and selecting "Fraud" from the dropdown menu.

Is there some other place where I should also be reporting? My reports thus far haven't gotten much done.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If anybody can think of anything else, let me know. I've already explored changing out the photos for a simple "This seller is a fraud" graphic but the scammer is hosting the photos on GB.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    OK, I filed another report with GB. I hope they're getting to the right place. If anybody is better with GB than I am, check me on this: I'm going to the Help Center, clicking "Submit a Request", and selecting "Fraud" from the dropdown menu.

Is there some other place where I should also be reporting? My reports thus far haven't gotten much done.

That was how I was going about it as well. Unfortunately it will probably take GB not getting their fees from one of the first sales to shut down his account.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Looks like some negative feedback from this auction. Another TGT original.

F
    watchknut1 A+(9)
    01/03/2021
    This is a scammer! Beware

Then it's relisted and sold. Hopefully the buyer has no intention of sending money.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Gunbroker has deleted the ads by scammer jeananderson1111. This person is now on Gunbroker under the name earmawilson12000, an account with three scam ads open.

Since they seem to be belatedly paying attention, I filed an amended report with GB.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Gunbroker has deleted the ads by scammer jeananderson1111. This person is now on Gunbroker under the name earmawilson12000, an account with three scam ads open.

Since they seem to be belatedly paying attention, I filed an amended report with GB.
    You have gone above and beyond the call. Well done.

Top Bottom