• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Nikon D50 DSLR W/Nikkor 18-135mm San Antonio $450

I bought this for my g/f so she could go out and do photography with me and she has not touched it 1 time. She clings to her Kodak Point and Shoot afraid of change i guess... who know's...

Its a FANTASTIC way to get into DSLR Photography. You can function everything manually and the included 18-135mm lens is just amazing for the all around lens. I have a higher end setup and I shoot everything from Static objects to Remote control cars/planes to car shows and most of my shots are in the 18-100mm range.

This Body and Lens are in perfect shape and extremely well taken care of. It comes with everything as if you purchased it new... Box/papers ect...

Sorry for the poor pics, actually a bad way to represent photography with these cheap pics but i'll work on some better ones tomorrow.

$450 comes with Body, Lens, Battery, Memory, Charger, ect... Let me see if i can find a pic taken by this setup.

Here's the camera

JOe

34xrkp2.jpg

6favqd.jpg

10xhbbm.jpg

kahcnd.jpg

1qinuf.jpg

Shot with this camera/lens

vfi2l4.jpg

517t5u.jpg

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yes id be interested in a firearms trade. Ultimately thats what the $$$ from this is going to. One Money pit hobby to another :) LOL! I'll even throw in $$$ for a nicer 1911 trade.

The camera is 6.1 Mega Pixel. Now don't let that freak anyone out... Mega Pixel in the DigitalSLR world is all HYPE... when you get into these type camera's its all about he GLASS!!!... the Lens's is where the quality and $$$ is at.

JOe

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Yes id be interested in a firearms trade. Ultimately thats what the $$$ from this is going to. One Money pit hobby to another :) LOL! I'll even throw in $$$ for a nicer 1911 trade.

The camera is 6.1 Mega Pixel. Now don't let that freak anyone out... Mega Pixel in the DigitalSLR world is all HYPE... when you get into these type camera's its all about he GLASS!!!... the Lens's is where the quality and $$$ is at.

JOe

I can confirm that. Although Nikon no longer makes that lens, I think that alone is worth the asking price . I'm saving up for a D90 which I hope to have by Christmas, but that right there is pretty tempting.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I can confirm that. Although Nikon no longer makes that lens, I think that alone is worth the asking price . I'm saving up for a D90 which I hope to have by Christmas, but that right there is pretty tempting.

Im with ya on the 90 Great camera... I currently use the D80. Started with a D50, went to a D80 (where i am now), Shopping for a D300 (untill the 1911's and EBR disease hit LOL)....

So i got the D50 for the G/F because she was all into photography and just like shooting that phased out in a week :banghead: ....

oh well...

I think $450 is a very fair price. Honestly speaking ive been doing photography pretty solid for 5 years now and id say the D50 is better than I am still...

JOe

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

JOe

PM sent

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Traded to Txinvestigator for Kimber... WOO HOO!...

JOe

:sign0101: Okay, since it's sold, I don't feel bad about hijacking. Did you enhance those pics? They look great and I know that we can't get that on our cheap point & shoot digital. Do you really have to go to DSLR to get that rich of a photo? I hate that the SLR's are so big. It would be nice if you could get a great photo with a compact camera, any suggestions?

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    well.. Yes and No... for consistent quality images... its hard to beat a DSLR... now some of the bigger point and shoot's (almost DSLR size) are pretty good but their still not up to par.

Point and Shoot can produce quality images without a doubt. But you have no ability to change lens's.. sometimes a point and shoot simply is too far or too close to get the shot you want.

Even though its already gone, This was a great deal at 450 IMO... The Lens was not your typical "kit" lens... it was quality stuff thats was well worth the $$$...

so yes and no... if you want constantly good images with versatility, you can't beat a DSLR.

Every image you see is "edited".... a little bit.. well, heck some mroe than others. but 99% of my stuff is done in a free program called "Picasa" and its the bare BARE bones of photo editing.

JOe

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Decent example... neither one have been touched other than cropped.... no color editing or anything... same room, same lighting conditions same everything.

Point and Shoot

15zjq80.jpg

DSLR

2iiydea.jpg

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Dang, that's a huge difference.

Honestly, its not... thats a noticable difference but damn, there have been some times that a P&S just produces crap and you regret not having your DSLR there with you.

Now my pocket Camera is a Canon SD1100is and its amazing for what it is.. Macro mode is fantastic, video is shockingly good and pics are fantastic for what it is... but your limited on what it can do... its an "All in 1 package" and unfortunatley there are few things that can truly be "All in 1"... Photography is not one of them.

Trade is done, He'll be happy thats for sure, as im sure I will be to... Just took pics of my new Kimber that i'll post later

Top Bottom